When a golf cart hits your bike at 3MPH! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 08-28-2007, 1:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

When a golf cart hits your bike at 3MPH!

Yeah it happened last night... WTF, how the hell do you manage to back a golf cart into a bike?

So on my one year anniversary of living in Florida one of the maintenance guys at my new apartment complex backs into my bike and knocks it over. NOBODY EVEN TOLD ME! I was just in the process of uncovering it and the new lady moving in under me started telling me that someone knocked it over. my face = Yeah, so I immediately uncover the bike to find a puddle of coolant, a busted fairing, scratched exhaust, scratched new billet grip, and some other smaller stuff here and there. As you can imagine I am rather pissed. Luckily the guy did tell the office he did it but they did not know whose bike it was because I'm new. They told me to get it fixed and bring the reciept and they would reimburse me. Thats not how it works in my book, they give me money then it gets fixed. Right? Anyway what else should I look for as far as damage goes? I'm having my favorite shop come to pick it up and I'm sure they won't miss anything but I'm just curious.

A couple months ago I was debating getting frame sliders because I would have to cut the original perfect fairings. I said no way. Should have got the effing frame sliders. Now I'm out of my main source of transportation.

If you ever second guess getting frame sliders like I did, GET THEM!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 08-28-2007, 3:59 PM
saf

Reputation Power: 15

Send a message via MSN to saf
Re: When a golf cart hits your bike at 3MPH!

Before you do anything mate, you may want to get it in writing that they will fix all damages.

Thing is bikes can add up silly prices on parts, and they maybe sitting there thinking, "its only a few hundie" , when infact it can be a K or more.

Saf - | SP-2 | 929RR Stunt/Race | 1000RR Superbike #181 |
post #3 of 22 Old 08-28-2007, 4:04 PM

Reputation Power: 13

Oh mate!!!! Id be sooooo pissed too!!! Really sorry to hear this happened... I think id think the same way as you too fella, get the bike down to your prefered gaff and get them to do a written quote of what it will cost to repair, then photocopy it and send matey a copy saying the longer its left in the shop the bigger the bill gets!!!! Have a word with your shop and get them to sling some trick bits on the bill......

Good luck matey!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 08-28-2007, 9:25 PM Thread Starter

trick bits on the way, my dude came to pick it up today. hopefully i have some pictures soon.
post #5 of 22 Old 08-28-2007, 11:23 PM

Reputation Power: 37

You need to get a police report... That's messed up... I would be pissed... I wouldn't come out of pocket with any of your money.. Don't trust that "reimburse" bullsh!!...
post #6 of 22 Old 08-29-2007, 6:44 AM

Reputation Power: 59

If you stunt on your bike, engine crash bars are a good bit of kit. The frame sliders are good too, they helped my fairings on my 954RR.

I would be soooo mad if they did this. I dont know what i would do, seek compensation?!

Takecare, and let us know how it went.

TC
post #7 of 22 Old 08-29-2007, 3:01 PM Thread Starter

no stuntin' here man. just like to go fast in the twisties. or atleast trying to get to the point where i can go fast in twisties. ive only been riding for like 4 months now. as of now the apartment complex is giving me some trouble. hopefully i dont end up on judge judy.
post #8 of 22 Old 08-29-2007, 3:10 PM

pics?
post #9 of 22 Old 08-29-2007, 3:54 PM

Reputation Power: 15

Send a message via AIM to hotnanas

dang....make sure you get extra dough for a lap timer, and front and rear stands! just cuz they drove off without telling you! the nerve!

also, have them replace the fairings with new ones. and make sure you keep the others for spares. in fact, keep all extra parts.

definately get it in writing, and maybe ask them for some sort of insurance, and report it to your insurance company as well. i'd even try to get a police report.

good luck buddy.
post #10 of 22 Old 08-29-2007, 4:49 PM Thread Starter

yeah im working on it, all new parts no fix it up so it works BS. good call on keeping the old parts, I wouldn't have thought of that. my estimate came damn close to $6000. 1400 is labor the rest is all parts. the funniest part to me is that i had to explain to management why both sides were damaged. my words were somwhere along the lines of, "golf cart hits one side, lands on parking curb with other side giving it leverage enough to make one more landing slam." she looked at me like i was crazy then i said it again and drew a picture and she then was like ooooooooh i see. not to mention the bike was leaning towards the side the golf cart hit it so he obviously could not have just nudged it. evidently the reverse beepers on the golf carts dont work according to the guy that did the damage. anyway she though it was going to be a couple hundred dollars she could make a check for, now i have to deal with insurance after we already had the bike picked up. pretty lame deal.

i was trying to explain to her how bike parts add up so quickly and i asked her if she knew anyone who rides. her reply was "i have scars from when i used to ride." i think that might explain a little bit of the brain defeciency. so how do i explain why it is so expensive to her?

on top of all that when i was in her office she was complaining about the maintenance guys drink too much of the culligan water... we live in FLORIDA and they are outside all the time??? maybe they need water? i dunno. the other girl in the office then replied to her with a whats the point in having water if you cant drink it and then looked at me wide eyed and shook her head.

what a first week in the neighborhood.
post #11 of 22 Old 08-29-2007, 8:47 PM

Reputation Power: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_love View Post

A couple months ago I was debating getting frame sliders because I would have to cut the original perfect fairings. I said no way. Should have got the effing frame sliders. Now I'm out of my main source of transportation.

If you ever second guess getting frame sliders like I did, GET THEM!
Not so, check out eBay Store - jag motorcycle: Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki on ebay. I bought a set and put them on my F4 a few days ago. No drilling, theres a cuff for the shoulder bolt to maintain space between the slider and your plastic. Wish I had had them before my track day...lol.
post #12 of 22 Old 08-29-2007, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLightning View Post
Not so, check out eBay Store - jag motorcycle: Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki on ebay. I bought a set and put them on my F4 a few days ago. No drilling, theres a cuff for the shoulder bolt to maintain space between the slider and your plastic. Wish I had had them before my track day...lol.
i couldnt find any for the 900RR, the others might fit but honestly i dont really like the way those look. thanks for the idea though.
post #13 of 22 Old 08-29-2007, 10:54 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_love View Post
so how do i explain why it is so expensive to her?

thats easy. OEM parts are always expensive.

when I totaled my old bike the guys at the dealer were bored one day and started pricing out the parts just for fun. they stopped at $11k. that's how much the bike was new.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #14 of 22 Old 08-30-2007, 8:03 AM

Reputation Power: 59

You know you said it was going to be about $6000.00; wouldn’t it be cheaper to purchase another bike, and steal the parts off of that? Then you can either sell the rest of the bike e.g. forks, wheels, engine etc and make another small bundle on top. It may be time consuming, but then you will get what you want and money from the company, and other spare parts off of the donor bike. That’s if they pay your first.

I looked in your gallery... is that the 900 they brutally sabotaged ? That 900 looks clean and the colour of it was quite nice. You must have taken care of it.

Take care, and I hope the out come is good.
post #15 of 22 Old 08-30-2007, 6:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twincam View Post
You know you said it was going to be about $6000.00; wouldn’t it be cheaper to purchase another bike, and steal the parts off of that? Then you can either sell the rest of the bike e.g. forks, wheels, engine etc and make another small bundle on top. It may be time consuming, but then you will get what you want and money from the company, and other spare parts off of the donor bike. That’s if they pay your first.

I looked in your gallery... is that the 900 they brutally sabotaged ? That 900 looks clean and the colour of it was quite nice. You must have taken care of it.

Take care, and I hope the out come is good.
yeah it would be cheaper to buy a new bike and im kinda thinking about that but i dunno i love that bike. and yeah its the one in my gallery. it was in mint condition except for one small scratch on the left lower fairing. i polished it every night after i got home. soon hopefully i will have something to polish again.

hey guys if anyone wants to help me out and buy my car let me know. i have an add posted in the classifieds on here. its a really nice '83 chevy caprice in as close to mint condition as you can get.

thanks,
matt

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page