Frame damage: scratches from air intake covers on 954? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 10-30-2007, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Frame damage: scratches from air intake covers on 954?

i have rub marks on my frame of my 03 954 from where the air inlet cover things were. what can i do to fix this? should i get it welded and sand it off myself? and if i get it welded should i do it with the bike all together or just take in the frame?

i plan to strip the frame off and polish it this winter anyway, so maybe i can get this done at the same time. i just dont want mr insurance guy to total my bike cause of some silly little scratch.

what u guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-30-2007, 8:03 AM

Re: Frame damage: scratches from air intake covers on 954?

First off why would your insurance total out your bike without an accident and 2nd why would they over normal wear marks. Have you had your fairings off all together? I have several spots where the padding on the back of the fairings has rubbed on my frame, while not scratches so to speak they are notable wear into black coating of my frame...

If your plan is to polish the whole frame and to do it right does require some sanding of the cast sections, I would not sweat a thing and just take care of them that way. Here is a good tort to follow... I substituted Vodka in place of the VO while doing my MX frame MOTORCYCLE POLISHING 101 CLASS IS IN SESSION! - Plating Powder Coating Buffing Anodizing - Caswell Inc. Metal Finishing Forum
post #3 of 5 Old 10-30-2007, 8:07 AM Thread Starter

i have already polished my VFR frame and that tutorial would get me totally smashed haha

i dont know if they would pull that kind of heinous act, but it wouldnt make me very happy.

my bike is a past stunter, and i want to make it nice again. she is currently naked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-31-2007, 8:23 PM Thread Starter

i guess i should say that i was NOT the person who stunted this bike. i rescued her from an untimely death.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-29-2008, 1:43 AM

My 954 also has a small scratch from the air intake cover. but you can't see it unless you take the cover off, so it is not that big a deal. If I were to polish the frame, it would probably be unnoticable. What the hell are you talking about when you say welding it? That makes it sound as if you got some deep gash or somethin.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page