RIP Jonathan Mifflin - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 10-19-2003, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19

Re: RIP Jonathan Mifflin

Friday night John and his passenger were killed when a truck pulled out in front of them.

Just 5minutes earlier he was bumming a helmet to take his friend for a ride. We had talked several times about our blades and what he wanted to do to it. This really sucks! I didn't know him that well, but when your talking to a guy one minute, and he's dead the next, is just so.......depressing.

I don't know, this is the third rider that I knew to be killed this season. The only thing they really had in common was I think they were all new to sportbikes. I sometimes don't even want to get to know the newbies that come out.

I've been riding 'sportbikes' about ten years and this is the worst year for deaths that I and others can ever remember.

I don't know, I guess we all know the risk's involved when getting on a motorcycle, it just sucks when this happens.

news link

"Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 10-19-2003, 12:30 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Sorry to hear... and I'm sorry to say that I can't remember a time with more accidents/fatalities than in the past month
post #3 of 14 Old 10-19-2003, 1:40 PM

Reputation Power: 50

That's terrible. Just these last two weeks have been worse then anything. People are getting antsy with the season coming to an end.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 10-19-2003, 1:58 PM

Sorry to hear the news roadrunner. Seems to be an inordinate number of deaths lately - maybe it's because there is a lot more exposure to this sort of news through the forum? At any rate, RIP Jonathan Mifflin.
post #5 of 14 Old 10-19-2003, 2:11 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

Very sad.

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

post #6 of 14 Old 10-19-2003, 2:19 PM

God that sucks.

I saw that on the news and didn't for a second think that it could have been someone you knew. Condolences.

Reason to quit riding? I think not. Quite the opposite in fact.

Live today as if it's your last. Leave no adventure ignored.

post #7 of 14 Old 10-19-2003, 5:28 PM

One of my riding buddies just bought it about 5 days ago. Im going to go buy and drop of a card for his family today. He was only 25. There have been a lot of deaths laltely on other boards too. I was out riding last night with this girl that rides with me a lot and she wanted me to go fast out in the country....and i just couldnt... i wasnt that far from my riding buddies familes house, and i was thinking of all the deaths. Godspeed to your friend.
post #8 of 14 Old 10-19-2003, 6:20 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Garage

Sorry to hear about your friend!
My thoughts and wishes are with his family!

Undying Love Forever
A.J. Abshire---1949-2001
Josh Abshire---1977-2002
Janet Abshire--- 1952-2009
post #9 of 14 Old 10-19-2003, 7:00 PM

Reputation Power: 42

Quote:
Bacchus : Seems to be an inordinate number of deaths lately - maybe it's because there is a lot more exposure to this sort of news through the forum? At any rate, RIP Jonathan Mifflin.
I think thats it.....a sort of Kevin Bacon Cancer Cluster Phenomena......

Anyway...sorry to hear about your friend....

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop
post #10 of 14 Old 10-19-2003, 9:17 PM

Very sad. I really want my son to buy a bike so we can go riding together, and he wants to also, but I've actually been finding myself talking him out of it just to keep him safe. I trust my own riding skills and general on-bike paranoia, but having him out on the streets with all the idiot cagers makes me nervous as hell.
post #11 of 14 Old 10-19-2003, 9:25 PM

Sorry to hear roadrunner. There have been way to many deaths here reciently. Between this forum and another forum that i frequent(which will remain unnamed) there have been like 5 or 6 deaths in the last two weeks. It is a shame, it really is. I hape everyone out there learns from all this.
post #12 of 14 Old 10-19-2003, 10:15 PM

My condolences roadrunner. * I know from where you speak. *Keep the faith...
post #13 of 14 Old 10-19-2003, 10:22 PM

Quote:
bwhip : I really want my son to buy a bike so we can go riding together, and he wants to also, but I've actually been finding myself talking him out of it just to keep him safe.
I totally understand where you're coming from whip, but you can't shelter a child forever. Life is just too short as it is. If you do decide to share your love for motorcycling with him, just make sure (which I know you would) to get him started right with all of the experience you have acquired over the years. Go for it dude!
post #14 of 14 Old 10-20-2003, 1:01 AM

Quote:
Bacchus : I totally understand where you're coming from whip, but you can't shelter a child forever. *Life is just too short as it is. *If you do decide to share your love for motorcycling with him, just make sure (which I know you would) to get him started right with all of the experience you have acquired over the years. * * Go for it dude!
He just took the motorcycle riding beginner class offered by our state DMV - all day today, yesterday, and Friday evening. He's ridden before - we had trail bikes about 6 years ago, but it's been a while. When he got home today he took his first ride on the 'Blade. I was nervous, but he did just fine. He said he never got it over 40 MPH * in his 5 minute cruise around the neighborhood, but he was blown away by it. The first thing he said when he got back was 'It doesn't feel like a motorcycle - it feels like an extension of my body. It's so easy to ride, shift, turn! Unbelievable! '

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page