Hello and Help please - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 11-06-2007, 6:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Hello and Help please

Hi, I'm new to the site and have recently bought a 99 blade. I just started getting used to it and found a what feels like a misfire or rev limiter coming on @ 8000/9000rpm. It won't seem to pull past these revs. I've changed to oil and filter as matter of course and fitted new plugs too. I've fitted new plug leads and caps and even removed the 5K resistor from the cap. I've tried closing the plug gap up but still same. Put the gap back and tried different coils, tried different ECM and different crank pick up. but nothing made any difference, the parts were from a mates '95 model. even though his bike didn't have a throttle position sensor the fault was exactly the same. I did notice the '95 model had a fuel pump too but mines not got one? I'm starting to think it it carburation. Forgot to say, I've had the carbs to bits and cleaned out but no change. The bike has got a twin exhaust and a k&n air filter too, the bloke who I got it off said it has a dynojet fitted but I wouldn't know what this consisted of if I saw it. Going to try the carbs off the '95 model next. What size jets should my '99 model have? the needles seem to have a double taper too, is this right? Any help/advise appreciated. Starting to run out of ideas.
Thanks...............Boost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-11-2007, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Hello and Help please

hi there are you aware that a lot of grey imports come into the country factory restricted? maybe you should try down this road also learner drivers would need to restrict ther machines.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page