Dyno Results - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 10-21-2003, 8:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Dyno Results

The Before is with a Micron Slip on and DK map for a CA 929, the after is a Full Arata system with intake flapper removed and a custom map. *I only gained about 7.5 hp, but the torque band is so much wider and earlier now. *Final torque was about 66, and the throttle is alot smoother. *The bike wheelies through the mid range unexpectedly now lol. *Ill post the torque chart as soon as i can get someone to re size it for me. Any comments welcome.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-21-2003, 9:52 PM Thread Starter

and I think this is the chart showing the torque. Don't flame me if im wrong.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-22-2003, 3:57 PM

It looks a bit lean above 7K on the map for the full system (and the torque map as well which appears to be notated as with the slip-on). Do you have the PAIR system removed or blocked off? This is a MUST for setting up the A/F ratio properly.

I found an A/F ratio of 12.8 to 1 to provide the best overall curve for my 929 with 2 degrees of ignition retard above 9k (although this was done primarily for the fuel I was running).

Your bike with just a slip-on seems pretty normal at 124. How many miles do you have on the bike?

I would expect another couple of HP if you fatten it up above 7K and make certain your air filter is clean.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-22-2003, 4:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
abtech : It looks a bit lean above 7K on the map for the full system (and the torque map as well which appears to be notated as with the slip-on). *Do you have the PAIR system removed or blocked off? *This is a MUST for setting up the A/F ratio properly.

I found an A/F ratio of 12.8 to 1 to provide the best overall curve for my 929 with 2 degrees of ignition retard above 9k (although this was done primarily for the fuel I was running).

Your bike with just a slip-on seems pretty normal at 124. *How many miles do you have on the bike?

I would expect another couple of HP if you fatten it up above 7K and make certain your air filter is clean.
thanks for the input abtech. *I did have the PAIR valve removed and blocked and I had the intake flapper removed in the airbox. *I have about 35,000 on the bike, have never had any trouble with it except for the clutch recall (ive had it for 3 years, i bought it in late 2000) and just recently had the valves adjusted and the spark plugs changed. *They replaced the air filter when they took out the intake flapper. *It was mapped on a dynojet 250 that is in a trailer if that makes any difference. *It was probably in the mid 80's that day. *I was expecting more power too on the higher end after what everyone else has posted. *It sure seems alot faster than it was. *I would have gone to DK, but he is about 160 miles away. *Maybe i still will.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page