New motorcycle movie trailer. - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 10-23-2003, 6:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: New motorcycle movie trailer.

Looks a little fake,but might be entertaining,I like ice cube.--right click,save target as--http://www.movie-list.net/exclusive/...er-480x260.mov

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 10-23-2003, 7:05 PM

Reputation Power: 20

sure it's fluff, but it looks like a fun action movie. I hope the backlash won't land me in jail for doing 20kph over though.

Be fast or be last.
post #3 of 17 Old 10-23-2003, 7:06 PM

Reputation Power: 42

I'm still waiting patiently for this one....
Faster

Make sure you look at this page, and click on the video link to see the likes of Ewan McGregor, CE, Hopkins et al....doing burnouts in the city streets during a promo ride at the Cannes festival.....LOL
Mega Squids

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 10-23-2003, 7:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Baketech : I'm still waiting patiently for this one....
Faster
Received this email on 10-3-03.(just sign up for updates at the website)
Hello,

We're making progress with our distribution plans and will have release
dates very soon.

FASTER will be showing in cinemas in the United States and Canada before
Christmas. Cinema releases also look likely in Japan, Australia, Britain,
Spain and Italy - we don't know the dates yet but we will soon.

The DVD will be released in as many countries as possible early next year.
Our foreign sales agents are working on this with distributors in different
countries. We will give you the dates as soon as we have them. The DVD will
also be available through this website, so everyone who wants a copy will be
able to get one.

We wish this could all happen FASTER, but we're getting there.

More news soon.

Mark Neale

FASTER Director

post #5 of 17 Old 10-23-2003, 7:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Faster

Make sure you look at this page, and click on the video link to see the likes of Ewan McGregor, CE, Hopkins et al....doing burnouts in the city streets during a promo ride at the Cannes festival.....LOL
Mega Squids
Race bikes on the street,that was cool!
post #6 of 17 Old 10-23-2003, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Faster

Mega Squids
I know some local riders who have seen it, apparentaly some dealers have gotten advanced dvd copys of Faster. I can't wait!
post #7 of 17 Old 10-23-2003, 9:39 PM

Quote:
Baketech : Make sure you look at this page, and click on the video link to see the likes of Ewan McGregor, CE, Hopkins et al....doing burnouts in the city streets during a promo ride at the Cannes festival.....LOL
Mega Squids
Quote Valentino Rossi finished last

NOOOOOOOO!

post #8 of 17 Old 10-24-2003, 7:41 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22

it 'does' look like a better 'movie' than biker boys though even mor eunrealistic. But that's hollywood I guess. I'll probably see it just for laughs if nothing else.

I notice there is a red 954 there...

Z...

You're f%#&king up my Chi...
post #9 of 17 Old 10-24-2003, 9:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

'Set in the fast-paced world of motorcycle racing, this action movie shows what happens to long-time biker Cary Ford when he is framed by a long-time rival, Henry, the leader of a biker gang called the Hellions for the murder of Sleepy D, the brother of Trey Wallace, the leader of the Machine, the most notorious and feared biker gang in the country. '

Ya got that?
post #10 of 17 Old 10-24-2003, 2:50 PM

Reputation Power: 18

Send a message via AIM to AsianImage

some of you old timers might remember, when I was working on Biker Boyz, Torque was being filmed simultaneously. Basically Waner Bros and Dreamworks were racing to see who could release first. Biker Boyz finished first and opened in Jan, and torque was scheduled to be released in April of this year. But the film got shelved.....why? maybe because Biker Boyz flopped...so WB thought lets 'save' it. The film was shot in late 2002, and has been sitting for the last few months.

as for FASTER some of you may also remember a thread I posted way back when I was still had a job at my other agency and I actually contacted the folks at FASTER regarding their PR. I was trying to get them here in the US and do the PR on the film. I traded several emails and even spoke to one of the producers, Mark the same guy in the email. We talked and he was pretty excited about having the film open in the US, but alas time just passed and I quit the agency. I hope it really does come out. I was pitching him several ideas like having screenings for enthusiasts...such as us and tapping into the web forums for marketing and feedback. oh well...

"But you can take my word for it, your mother had it coming. When you grow up, if you still feel raw about it, I'll be waiting."

Black Mamba
post #11 of 17 Old 10-24-2003, 3:02 PM

Reputation Power: 18

Notice how the producers cover their asses by proclaiming the distinction between reality and hyper reality. *They're pre-empting the outrage real sportbikers deservedly heaped upon Biker Boys for the ridiculous scenes contained therein. *I saw only the trailer and that was enough to warn me off. *Won't even rent the DVD, thankyouverymuch.
On the other hand, the Torque trailer somehow looks more promising, even if the plot line is as cliched as it appears to be. *If it rates at least 2 out of 4 stars, I may actually wander into a theater to check it out. *The stunt work looks pretty spectacular, if nothing else. *

Silver/black CBR954RR
Unsanctioned, unofficial, unloved Honda test rider
post #12 of 17 Old 10-24-2003, 7:13 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22

Quote:
AsianImage : some of you old timers might remember, when I was working on Biker Boyz, Torque was being filmed simultaneously. *Basically Waner Bros and Dreamworks were racing to see who could release first. *Biker Boyz finished first and opened in Jan, and torque was scheduled to be released in April of this year. *But the film got shelved.....why? maybe because Biker Boyz flopped...so WB thought lets 'save' it. *The film was shot in late 2002, and has been sitting for the last few months.

as for FASTER some of you may also remember a thread I posted way back when I was still had a job at my other agency and I actually contacted the folks at FASTER regarding their PR. *I was trying to get them here in the US and do the PR on the film. *I traded several emails and even spoke to one of the producers, Mark the same guy in the email. *We talked and he was pretty excited about having the film open in the US, but alas time just passed and I quit the agency. *I hope it really does come out. *I was pitching him several ideas like having screenings for enthusiasts...such as us and tapping into the web forums for marketing and feedback. *oh well...
I often find with small movies like Faster that it is easier to search the net for a DVD (offical) from another country, than it is to wait for the cinema release in your own country.

Z...

You're f%#&king up my Chi...
post #13 of 17 Old 10-24-2003, 8:07 PM

Quote:
AsianImage : as for FASTER some of you may also remember a thread I posted way back when I was still had a job at my other agency and I actually contacted the folks at FASTER regarding their PR. *I was trying to get them here in the US and do the PR on the film. *I traded several emails and even spoke to one of the producers, Mark the same guy in the email. *We talked and he was pretty excited about having the film open in the US, but alas time just passed and I quit the agency.
Cool.

I spoke with Mark on the phone a couple of times myself. I was tyring to find some indies in the city to show it but I could neve get a live person on the freaking phone! After about 2 weeks of calls I got slammed with work and time passed.

I tossed the same sort of ideas at him about special screenings and the like. Very personable guy. I hope it does make it here and I hope I get a chance to see it one of the nights even though I was not able to help him out..

I just wish I'd had more time in the day to listen to 10 min of movie info to have some dorkass mumble the live phone# at the very end so quickly nobody I know could understand any of them. Ugh.

Gawd I want to see that movie bad!!!!
post #14 of 17 Old 10-24-2003, 8:10 PM

Quote:
Zeeman : Quote (AsianImage @ Oct. 25 2003, 3:50am)some of you old timers might remember, when I was working on Biker Boyz, Torque was being filmed simultaneously. *Basically Waner Bros and Dreamworks were racing to see who could release first. *Biker Boyz finished first and opened in Jan, and torque was scheduled to be released in April of this year. *But the film got shelved.....why? maybe because Biker Boyz flopped...so WB thought lets 'save' it. *The film was shot in late 2002, and has been sitting for the last few months.

as for FASTER some of you may also remember a thread I posted way back when I was still had a job at my other agency and I actually contacted the folks at FASTER regarding their PR. *I was trying to get them here in the US and do the PR on the film. *I traded several emails and even spoke to one of the producers, Mark the same guy in the email. *We talked and he was pretty excited about having the film open in the US, but alas time just passed and I quit the agency. *I hope it really does come out. *I was pitching him several ideas like having screenings for enthusiasts...such as us and tapping into the web forums for marketing and feedback. *oh well...
I often find with small movies like Faster that it is easier to search the net for a DVD (offical) from another country, than it is to wait for the cinema release in your own country.

Z...
I did that and sourced a couple if bad-azz DVD's from Japan almost a year before they were availalbe here. BUT they are both zone 2 CD's and I don't have naything that will play then... Ugh. I even tried software/firmware updates on my PC but it just fooked up my DVDROM drive so now it plays nothing..
post #15 of 17 Old 10-25-2003, 1:19 AM

Reputation Power: 20

I noticed the 954 as well.... Fun!

I still haven't seen biker boyz yet. Not even a divx version.

Be fast or be last.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page