Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

CBR1000rr change speedo from mph to kmh?

18K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  954Kevin 
#1 ·
Hi is there a way to do this? (for 04-07 speedos) iam from new zealand and am wanting to buy sum gauges for a damaged bike off ebay, we use kmh and was wondering if your guys mph speedo`s can be changed? i have a 06 model already and tryed pressing the 2 buttons but cant get mine to change to mph. thanks

#4 ·
yeah i tryed that but can only change the clock, using left button just switchs between hour and minutes and right changes it but it wont go to kmh or temp just keeps flicking between hour and minute. Big kahuna i see you have a 05 have you actually tried this? iam not worried about mine not changing but would like to confirm that the usa speedo will change to kmh

#6 ·
Yeah, it just so happens I adjusted the clock today while out on a ride. When I hold down both the left and right buttons the hours on the clock start blinking. If I hit the right button I can change the hour. When I hit the left button again, it switches to the minutes. I can adjust the minutes by now hitting the right button. If I hit the left button again, it goes to miles/kph, if I hit the right button it toggles between the two. And finally, if I hit the left button one more time it switches to the degree setting. Hitting the right button here toggles between C(Celsius) and F(Fahrenheit). Pushing the left button one more time returns the system to its normal operation.

#7 ·
Yeah, it just so happens I adjusted the clock today while out on a ride. When I hold down both the left and right buttons the hours on the clock start blinking. If I hit the right button I can change the hour. When I hit the left button again, it switches to the minutes. I can adjust the minutes by now hitting the right button. If I hit the left button again, it goes to miles/kph, if I hit the right button it toggles between the two. And finally, if I hit the left button one more time it switches to the degree setting. Hitting the right button here toggles between C(Celsius) and F(Fahrenheit). Pushing the left button one more time returns the system to its normal operation.
cheers man looks like iam hitting ebay, i just found out the new zealand speedos that come in kmh cant change to mph is why i was having trouble but your guys one can

#9 ·
It may be the manufacturers thinking, oh they wont import bikes from europe, but they will import them from the USA.

Or maybe its a very suttle way in trying to stop people importing grey imports. Where they are not sold in that country by the manufacturer.

My blade, and my 400 are both grey imports.

#12 ·
listen carefully, what you have to do is push every button on the dash, in every combination of short presses, long presses and simultaneously pressing all the buttons until the mph has change to kph.

unfortunately, now the time is blinking and off by 3 hours. attempt to set the clock.... accidentally switching the kph BACK to mph, but the clock has stopped blinking.

again follow the first steps getting things set back to kph only to find your temp gauge has switched from c to f.

start again. :/

finally! youve gotten kph displayed AND the temp gauge reading in c. clock is wrong, but do you really need it to be correct??? is it worth the risk???

lastly, curse as you realise the fact youve reset both A and B trip meters you were using to indicate the next oil change interval.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.