pictures of my blade - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 03-09-2008, 8:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

pictures of my blade

this is my bike ive been working on for about 5 months. this will be my third project bike. it was pretty bent up when i bought it ill show some pictues of the problems befor and after, thought id share this with you now that ive had the bike completely apart and back together. this was a 929 but now has a 954 motor, wireharness ,shock, forks, computer and swingarm. most of the stuff i got off ebay, other things i made myself. the origional motor was cracked in a crash and the new one had only 10,000 on it but the motor mounts were busted so i picked it up cheap, brought it home and welded up new lobes and ground them to shape. then i remounted the motor and drilled new holes using the frame as a jig, after that i just retapped the bores.the front wheel was bent from the crash and so were the forks but i saved the wheel and straightened it, then powdercoated it black chrome with a top coat of clear powder. i will do the rear the same color treatment when i put on my new tires.the frame was still good and it had a clean title so my build began and this is what i did. it seem like an ongoing project that is not yet complete but i enjoy this kind of thing so.... do you like it?

Last edited by jj_long; 03-15-2008 at 9:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-09-2008, 8:29 PM

Reputation Power: 59

Re: pictures of my blade

She looks very nice... Nay pics of before?

Im not keep on the OEM cans.. bit too big for me.

"Second is the first of the losers..."
post #3 of 9 Old 03-09-2008, 9:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twincam View Post
She looks very nice... Nay pics of before?

Im not keep on the OEM cans.. bit too big for me.
okay here are some before pics.they are in the process so it came apart and went back together numerous times. i still have that short can i got it for 20 bucks on a stunt fourm but did not use it. i found a stocker for 15 in new condition and i like the way it looked so i went for it.i also have the clamps and controls but did not use them either just put all the parts together to make it almost complete so i would have somthing to look at while figuring out what i wanted to do.

Last edited by jj_long; 03-15-2008 at 9:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 03-11-2008, 3:02 PM

Looks good. Keep up the good (long, tedious) work.

Tyler B.
post #5 of 9 Old 03-11-2008, 3:47 PM

Reputation Power: 17

i especially like the paint choice... not sure why...great job.. keep it up.
post #6 of 9 Old 03-11-2008, 5:47 PM

Reputation Power: 59

I was meant to ask you what colour that was, its not as colourful as the candy red and not as bright as flame (i dont think)

"Second is the first of the losers..."
post #7 of 9 Old 03-11-2008, 6:40 PM Thread Starter

its actually 2007 dodge viper orange copper pearl the pics make it look redish but its not. im still looking for a rear hugger that i will paint the same color. also i just took off the rear wheel and am bead blasting it to get ready to powdercoat the same as the front. im also gonna do the clutch cover and stator cover the same black chrome at the same time. these final touches are gonna make a difference in my opinion but im still undecided in wether or not to paint the headlights, signals, and brackets that orange copper color. what do you guys think? i took the time to powdercoat them black but now im thinking paint them orange copper pearl. i also did the lock acuator for the trunk lid but i did my version its a little cleaner and the actuator is on the right side between the subframe and the bodywork. you cant even see it and the angle for the release was done with brass hobby store tubing bent at the correct angle works great but the idea came from a guy here. i was thinking of doing it with just a manual pull but the electric idea was kool. there is no key hole for the trunk release. i show pics if i can get some good ones.
post #8 of 9 Old 03-12-2008, 7:49 AM

Nice job mate! I was thinking about turning my 929 into custom streetfighter when she gets old and I can afford a newer one...
post #9 of 9 Old 03-12-2008, 7:54 AM

Very nice. Good job and your patience and vision paid off.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page