Fireblade 08 - Aftermarket Exhaust - Page 2 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 598 Old 03-28-2008, 12:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Fireblade 08 - Aftermarket Exhaust

I'm with you splatty. Like the looks and sound of the stock pipe so far, and a stock can does wonders for ripping around in stealth mode. Sort of like the looks of RaceTaylorMade slip-on though (if they reproduce the look of the 07/08 gixxer motogp can, that is). I'll wait to see whats out there, but theres other things I'd like to put my money toward first, like steel lines and an FE (already picked up the solo seat cover)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 598 Old 03-28-2008, 3:16 AM
-Z-

Reputation Power: 14

Send a message via AIM to -Z-

Big Gun is making one for the 08 CBR1K that looks pretty sick. It's got two small exhaust pipes that come up in stead of the giant two-pipe stock end can. It looks pretty sick. To me, it looks very mean and "raw" and just seems to scream "POWER!" I don't have any info on how it sounds or power or anything like that.

As far as why it's taking so long for companies to come out with aftermarket systems, I think part of it is because Honda released the 08 CBR1K for sale a lot later in the year than most of the other manufacturers do.
post #18 of 598 Old 03-28-2008, 12:20 PM

Reputation Power: 13

I have always had and aftermarket exaust, I will not be getting one for my bike. Firstly there's alot going on there and honda recommend that you do not change the standard exaust. Secondly its sounds great, especially when the valves open......its just howls!!!!!!!! Thirdly my neighbours deserve a break form my noisy bike roaring outta the estate every morning!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 598 Old 03-28-2008, 1:06 PM

Reputation Power: 14

Scorpion also has something out now, comes with a body in fill panel.

You can go to Motorcycle Exhaust and Accessories - Yoshimura Cobra Akrapovic Two brothers Jardine Scorpion Bub Rinehart Vance Hines Harley Exhaust Pipe Systems | Pipe City and see the other pipes that are out for the new bike.
post #20 of 598 Old 03-28-2008, 4:01 PM

I will be more than happy to keep the look of the stock exhaust however I think it doesn't do it justice being in silver so I will get that part powder coated black.

The one thing that pisses me off about honda is that the US models all get black engine covers with the black bike getting black rearsets and hangers as well which looks really nice, instead we get that shitty bronzey coloured engine casings. If anyone in the states wants to swap casings then I will gladly swap with you .

here is a mock up of what I want mine to look like (using the US version as a base) see attachment.

Russ
Attached Thumbnails
deathace-RR.jpg‎  
post #21 of 598 Old 03-28-2008, 4:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathace View Post
I will be more than happy to keep the look of the stock exhaust however I think it doesn't do it justice being in silver so I will get that part powder coated black.

The one thing that pisses me off about honda is that the US models all get black engine covers with the black bike getting black rearsets and hangers as well which looks really nice, instead we get that shitty bronzey coloured engine casings. If anyone in the states wants to swap casings then I will gladly swap with you .

here is a mock up of what I want mine to look like (using the US version as a base) see attachment.

Russ

Wow!!! it completely disappeared! nice work deathace
post #22 of 598 Old 03-28-2008, 6:53 PM

Reputation Power: 20

Quote:

Russ
now you know how it feels when you guys had the black swing arm and the NA market had the crappy silver one.
post #23 of 598 Old 03-29-2008, 7:58 PM

Reputation Power: 41

Popped in to my dealership this morning, and got talking to some HM Plant guys there for a Honda open day.

One of the guys told me that HM Plant racing had tried two aftermarket open exhausts for the Fireblade. He didn't say which brand they were, but he did tell me that both exhausts resulted in the bike making less power than with the stock exhaust fitted.

It really seems that the technology in the stock exhaust works, and in his words, only change the can if you want less power and more noise.

Enough said.
post #24 of 598 Old 04-12-2008, 9:22 PM

Se this exhaust nice sound

YouTube - CBR Fireblade 2008 Akra exhaust
post #25 of 598 Old 04-12-2008, 9:58 PM

I have been riding mine around and like you guys the sound is really growing on me. I thought yeah I'll get tired of it and want something loud but after reading this thread I have changed my mind. My 08 is black and silver and after seeing that factory can powder coated, man that with a fender eliminator and a cowl and the bike will be hooked up!
post #26 of 598 Old 04-12-2008, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by railrider View Post
....... My 08 is black and silver and after seeing that factory can powder coated.......... the bike will be hooked up!
post #27 of 598 Old 05-13-2008, 7:02 PM

The Two Brothers exhaust sounds ok, but i think i will go the way most others have said above and stay with the stock setup........link to Two Brothers below

YouTube - 2008 Honda CBR1000RR with Two Brothers Exhaust
post #28 of 598 Old 05-13-2008, 8:44 PM

Yoshimura R&D - R-77 Stainless/Carbon Slip-On

Great buy 630 USA - Dollar = 406.302 Euro
post #29 of 598 Old 05-13-2008, 9:46 PM

Quote:

Russ
That looks good! I think I may have to do this, or take the black grill paint to it. I took black grill paint to the after market exhaust on my car.
post #30 of 598 Old 05-17-2008, 5:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to papadaca

will an 08 full system fit on an 07
i noticed there like 300 dollars cheaper

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page