Ticking Noise from 929 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 10-28-2003, 4:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Re: Ticking Noise from 929

Okay, so I am home for 3 more hours now, and have to head back to my duty station soon. Yes, like some of you, I was activated, and am now away from home for a bit.

Well, as some of you know, I am restoring the faithful 929 that I totalled, and started it up today only to notice a tick tick tick, coming from around the right side/clutch area.

Any leads or comments? Anything will help to give me options. Maybe the Cam Chain? Clutch Basket maybe???

HELP.

Well, no great hurry since I don't know when I will be home to work on it agian.

Spank her once for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-01-2003, 12:52 AM Thread Starter

So I am home for the weekend. No replies, no comments. No ideas as to what disease she might have???

Throw me a bone here. A.D.P.
post #3 of 11 Old 11-01-2003, 12:54 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Gremlins?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 11-01-2003, 1:02 AM Thread Starter

LOL.

I haven't a clue. I guess I will have to take it to the shop when possible. It is on the Right side, kinda behind the clutch. Just thought maybe someone has ran into this prob or might be inclined.

Spank her once for me.
post #5 of 11 Old 11-01-2003, 1:10 AM

sorry I cant help any.

Does it get movement at 11k?
post #6 of 11 Old 11-01-2003, 1:19 AM Thread Starter

Haven't taken her for a spin yet, I still have to blled the Kevlar lines.
post #7 of 11 Old 11-01-2003, 1:25 AM

What did you do when you rebuilt it? Your cam chain and clutch are on the right, and a lot of other moving parts. We need more specific info.

BTW, thanks for your service.
post #8 of 11 Old 11-01-2003, 1:57 PM

Tell me what you think of your Kevlar lines. I'm not impressed by mine...

And thanks for your service to our country!
post #9 of 11 Old 11-02-2003, 2:12 AM Thread Starter

I still need to bleed the brakes, but will do a write up on them as soon as I get the old horse out to take some nice corners.

I will check out the ticking noise some more for a better explanation also.

You know, it really means alot to me (and the other service members) to have someone thank us for our service.

My unit is supporting the 81st Brigade in Seattle, and we are stationed right outside Ft Lewis in a tiny instalation called Camp Murray. The very week we invaded Iraq, a small group of protesters were across the raod, gathering and protesting the war. They grew from 3 to 5 then 10 or so that morning. Then, around lunch time, a few of my friends and I left the camp for lunch(we can't hang with chow hall food), and the group that was maybe 10-12 was now maybe 80! We were like holy sheite, and had to drive through the crowd so I could get to my car paked outside of the gate.

My buds dropped me off right before it, and I said I would meet them at Subway.

I began walking into the crowd thinking, 'here we go, just don't say a word to provoke the tree huggers', as I was getting ticked off that they had the gall to protest outside our gate. As I walked into the group, a lady runs to me and hugs me, telling me how proud she is to live in this free land since her son is already in Iraq. Astonished, a man is right behind her and shakes my hand vigorously, 'Son, you are doing the right thing, I have three sons in the military, two in Kuwait, and one off the Saudi coast.'

And that was just the beginning. I would have fought the war by myself just for that croud after that, and it would have been easier to say I wasn't proud to be an American than hold back how I felt inside, (even though I was just barely able to hold back the tears).

Damn, well to make the story short, I really appreciate the appreciation. It means everything in the world for men and women overseas to know how much support they have from you here at home.

My unit will deploy to Cali first for 6 months of training and then 12 in Iraq as the visiting team, sometime in the first few months of '04. Our freeedoms are more than worth it.

Thanks from the heart.

and
Spank her once for me.
post #10 of 11 Old 11-02-2003, 4:50 PM

Thanks for your service man.

My cousing is a Lt. Col and was in Iraq (MP's) but was injured and returned stateside. He was pretty adament that we did and were doing the right thing. But it also said it's hellish over there. He's a lifer, seem some nasty stuff but Iraq he said was the worst. I guess some Vietnam vets under his command were saying it was 10x worse in the desert.

I can't imagine what it's like over there and can't thank all of you enough for doing what our great country asks.

- H (mil-brat)
post #11 of 11 Old 11-02-2003, 10:33 PM

hey, I had the same problem today to, I went out to go eat with some of my friends and its about 6:30 COLD as hell, BTW I live in seattle too, but unlike you im not active, Im a Marine reservist at seattle that drive all the way to bum f*ck spokane for drill, I'm still waiting for my call but im pretty sure they'll send us sometime next year, dont know yet. But yeah it was cold and i heard a series of 2 clicks. My friends R6 was next to my bike and we both started our bikes at the same time. he said his does that when its cold but I swear it came from my bike, Ill check it out tommorow in the morning when its like 40 degrees out. Hey also take care of your self bro, dont want to have th marines come and save ya! Just kidding

Mark

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page