CBR900RRV Running with loss of power. HELP!!!!! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 03-29-2008, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

CBR900RRV Running with loss of power. HELP!!!!!

Hi everyone, first post looking for some help!

I've recently got my bike back after having it's winter service done - oil filter and oil change, new sparks etc; then I got a new alarm/immobiliser fitted and for some strange reason the bike is running like hell

Everything was fine before the service, and even to a certain extent after it was done it was okay (except for the neutral light staying on - which has now been fixed).
Then a few days later it got the alarm/immobiliser fitted and after getting it back the bike has lost all it's power.
When you put it into 1st gear it takes off as if it's in a higher gear, acceleration is low, and the bike itself even sounds different

Anyone got any ideas as to what the problem might be, or where to start looking for a problem as I'm lost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-29-2008, 12:12 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Re: CBR900RRV Running with loss of power. HELP!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoosh View Post
Hi everyone, first post looking for some help!

I've recently got my bike back after having it's winter service done - oil filter and oil change, new sparks etc; then I got a new alarm/immobiliser fitted and for some strange reason the bike is running like hell

Everything was fine before the service, and even to a certain extent after it was done it was okay (except for the neutral light staying on - which has now been fixed).
Then a few days later it got the alarm/immobiliser fitted and after getting it back the bike has lost all it's power.
When you put it into 1st gear it takes off as if it's in a higher gear, acceleration is low, and the bike itself even sounds different

Anyone got any ideas as to what the problem might be, or where to start looking for a problem as I'm lost
They screwwed something up from what you say. I wouldnt be lookin on the board for fix its. Id take it right back to them and dont let up on them. Just from the bike leaving the place and the neutral light being on even while in gear, that would tell me that they prolly didnt test the bike when they were done with their work. Sounds like they want money for no quality.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-29-2008, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 0

Re: CBR900RRV Running with loss of power. HELP!!!!!

Thanks for your reply.

The neutral light was on (intermittingly) after leaving from getting the bike serviced, however I took it back and they checked it and it turned out to be a duff connection and that was fixed.

The alarm was installed at a different place and obviously somewhere between both events taking place the problem with the power started.

On leaving the garage last night when I picked up the bike after the alarm was fitted, I noticed the loss of power but I did'nt think too much about it as the bike had been there for a week and I thought that maybe the battery had drained a bit (or something to that effect), but after being on charge all night the problem is still there.

I just don't understand what could cause this out of the blue after everything was fine with the bike, I doubt that it's the alarm as I can't see what problem that could cause (and I can't contact the place until Tues until they're open again), so that's why I was hoping for some guidance on here as to what might have happened.

Any suggestions gratefully received I'm stumped!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page