Need help with wiring diagram(02 954RR) - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 03-30-2008, 5:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Need help with wiring diagram(02 954RR)

I am having some serious electrical issues. My bike just blows the FI/Ign fuse while riding for no reason at all. Took it to the shop, and they couldnt figure it out . I spent $360 for nothing.......So, Today, I opened the service manual, and printed out the wiring diagram. Before I started chasing wires, I noticed that what the wiring diagram displayed, and what my fusebox said were totally different. WTF? Here is what I have. Could someone remove their seat and see if you have the same setup as me. My fuse box, from top to bottom says:

10A ind, meter, tail, illum
10 turn, stop, horn
20 H/light
10 Start
20 FI/Ign
20 Clock, fan

The wiring diagram says:

from a-f
20 Headlights
10 neutral, oil, tempmeter, tach,speedometer, position,horn, meter light, taillight
10 turn signal, front/rear brake light
10 ignition/starter
20 clock/fan motor
20 FI

Is this the right diagram, or is my bike different from everyone elses? I need a good start point.

post #2 of 8 Old 03-30-2008, 6:17 PM

Re: Need help with wiring diagram(02 954RR)

WOW!!! i never noticed that before. Mine is the same way. I do know that the fuse labelled FI/IGN is the right fuse for the fuel pump. If I pull it on my bike the Fuel pump does not start up with the switch. Without a proper diagram, it is hard to tell, but I bet it's the pump. if it has a partial short it can cause a high current draw. you also may have a clogged fuel filter which causes the pump to load up and draw excess current. I won't guarantee this is your problem, but if you have an OHM meter, and a buddy with the same bike, ohm the pumps out. they should be within a few ohms of each other. You may be able to get the exact OHM reading from the dealer. I would be willing to bet that you have a pump with low resistance, causing excessive current draw. Like I said though, it could be anything on the circuit. You could also have a wire with a bare spot touching the frame or engine.

In other words It could be anything!!!! fine bunch of help I am huh?
post #3 of 8 Old 03-30-2008, 8:20 PM Thread Starter

Its all good brother. I am open to all suggestions. Let me tell you this though. I can start the bike fine at any given time. Once I ride for a good few mins, at 45mph or so, the fuse blows. If I change it, it will blow again befor I travel a mile. The first time this happened, it came from a hard landing during a wheelie. The second time was rolling over some pretty big bumps in the road. Now, it just happens everytime I ride, for no reason at all. Still thinking the fuel pump? I have shaken wires like crazy, and found nothing. I wanted to test wires, but that inacurate diagram threw me off. Im thinking it could be something in the ignition. I get no error codes or nothing.

Last edited by doogstar; 03-30-2008 at 8:21 PM. Reason: Cuz Im a douche
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 03-30-2008, 8:28 PM

that deifinately sounds like something is loose. As far as what? on a relatively small electrical system like a bike, you should be able to manually trace the wires out and do some OHM testing. If you don't have a multi-meter, you should get one. They are well worth the money you pay for them. I bet that a good electrician could find the problem in an hour or less. Don't know how to help you from here though. Did you try the dealer to see if you can get a better wiring diagram?

Tell you what, you pay for my ticket out there and I'll come look at it. won't even charge you...
post #5 of 8 Old 03-30-2008, 8:42 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

You got a short somewhere...either a connection or bare wire.

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

post #6 of 8 Old 03-30-2008, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_954 View Post
Tell you what, you pay for my ticket out there and I'll come look at it. won't even charge you...
Lol, Cute. I figure its a loose wire somewhere, and thats why I was looking at the diagram, to see where I was gonna start chasing the wires. Its not but a few bike shops here in Hawaii. Im gonna have to call somewhere like Ga or something. Thanks for all help. Keep it coming.
post #7 of 8 Old 04-02-2008, 1:34 AM Thread Starter

bump. Fellas, I really need input. The life of the 954 depends on it.
post #8 of 8 Old 08-14-2010, 6:19 PM

my fuses are the same. . . sounds like a loose connection to me, im also having a problem w/ mine. When i turn the key on the fuel pump or headlights wont come on??? any ideas

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page