Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

3/4 system exhaust

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  BenDog 
#1 ·
hello to all again. recently i just installed a 3/4 devil exhaust on my 954rr. it sounds great, but it feels like it has lost some speed from the take off. has anybody else encountered this problem or am i just imaging things?

#3 ·
I have the 3/4 system as well and have not experienced loss.  Half the reason I put the 3/4 on was to retain the HTEV system.  Without removing the flapper and HTEV system, I don't see why you would lose power unless it was more of a mapping issue.  Even without the PCIII I did not notice any loss.  Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention but it definately wasn't something I noticed right off the bat.  Any air leaks around the clamps?

#4 ·
SuperDave : I have the 3/4 system as well and have not experienced loss. Half the reason I put the 3/4 on was to retain the HTEV system. Without removing the flapper and HTEV system, I don't see why you would lose power unless it was more of a mapping issue. Even without the PCIII I did not notice any loss. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention but it definately wasn't something I noticed right off the bat. Any air leaks around the clamps?
well maybe i'm just imagining things?

#5 ·
nokio : Quote (SuperDave @ May 20 2003, 8:35am)I have the 3/4 system as well and have not experienced loss.  Half the reason I put the 3/4 on was to retain the HTEV system.  Without removing the flapper and HTEV system, I don't see why you would lose power unless it was more of a mapping issue.  Even without the PCIII I did not notice any loss.  Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention but it definately wasn't something I noticed right off the bat.  Any air leaks around the clamps?
Maybe if you would stop the wacky tobacky you would stop imagining that your rocket of a bike is losing power.

Just messin with ya!

#6 ·
mr_rua : Quote (nokio @ May 20 2003, 9:56pm)Quote (SuperDave @ May 20 2003, 8:35am)I have the 3/4 system as well and have not experienced loss.  Half the reason I put the 3/4 on was to retain the HTEV system.  Without removing the flapper and HTEV system, I don't see why you would lose power unless it was more of a mapping issue.  Even without the PCIII I did not notice any loss.  Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention but it definately wasn't something I noticed right off the bat.  Any air leaks around the clamps?
Maybe if you would stop   the wacky tobacky you would stop imagining that your rocket of a bike is losing power.

Just messin with ya!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.