Hello all!! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 04-14-2008, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 12

Hello all!!

Hello Members!!

I am a proud new owner of a 02 954. I purchased the bike from another member on the list and am very happy with my new toy. The bike is quite a handful compared to the 600 Ninja I had last season.

There are just a couple questions I have. I have been reading some forums in regards to the engine noise these bikes seem to make when they are a little on the cold side. I guess it's something I'll have to get used too.

The second thing is I have just bought a used bolt on pipe for the bike. The guy I bought the pipe from said he used the gasket from the factory pipe. But when I took the factory pipe off and looked at the metal factory gasket, it seemed a little thick to me. Just didn't seem to me like it should be used for a bolt-on. So I am wondering if there is another paper/rubber gasket I should be buying or just use some a tube of high temp gasket maker?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-14-2008, 1:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Hello all!!

Welcome you have a great bike the nosie is normal if you do a oil change use 0-40 amsoil and the noise will mostly go away.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page