heelppppp!!! 929rr sick baddd - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 04-15-2008, 8:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

heelppppp!!! 929rr sick baddd

just bought a downed 929rr was 90 percent complete with repairs to get it running but the bike will not rollover, the 3 way clutchdiode in the fuse pack smokes when battery connected. when i dissconnect the oil pressure or neutral switch it doesnt smoke but sparks when i try to reconnect. replaced the diode several times. isuspect that + current isbeing passed through the sensors and if i am not mistaken that should not be. I was told the harness is bad but i suspect personally its the cdi/ecm/ecu. i live in the bahamas and these parts are not cheap so i really want to get a few opinions beforei replace any.

i would also like to know if the dash should light up once the key is on because i only get my instrument panel lights when i push the starter button.
any advice will be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-15-2008, 9:10 PM Thread Starter

Re: heelppppp!!! 929rr sick baddd

hey guys started some continuity test and there is a green/red wire in the fuse box connected to the same diode giving resistance on both ground and positive.

Last edited by pedmill; 04-16-2008 at 5:17 AM.
post #3 of 9 Old 04-16-2008, 7:13 PM

check to make sure your fuses are in the proper positions, it should not smoke anywhere anytime unless its pulling too high amps in which case it should blow the fuse, but if there is say a 30amp fuse in a 20amp spot it will roast it like you say. also make sure the main fuse is a 30amp and nothing more. I will check my bike and let you know what i see on those wires that could be faulty. also i had a bad ecu before and it was blowing fuses and i put a 30amp fuse in the 20amp spot(stupid i know) and it burnt up that whole circuit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 04-18-2008, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

thanx i really believe its the ecu but i really want to get the bike up so to spare me the headache i am searching for a wiring harness and and ecu and will cross my fingers on this move. I also checked the fuses as i have the shop manual with complete wiring and fuses. all checks out well. its just the 3 prong diode in the fuse panel that overheats. i also just found a prong that appears to be for the clutch/oilswitch/neutral safety switch circuit that was not connected made that repair but unfortunately the battery kicked outon me gotta get it charged so i will update.
post #5 of 9 Old 04-18-2008, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

think we may be onto something there is a 20 am fuse aon the fan circuit that should be10 battery should be good by tomorrow will post results
post #6 of 9 Old 04-19-2008, 5:21 PM Thread Starter

special thanx to firebaldes community and especially hcstreetriding vbmenu_register("postmenu_669082", true); it may not seem like much of a help but you guys got me on the right track and solved my problem.
quick explanation: firstly the starter relay was a honda model but the not the correct onr for the cbr so it was sending the starter current to the ignition guages etc... secondly the smoking diode was beacuse of a short to the ground caused by a short of the b+ on the starter which was sending 12v to the ground which of course caused the short.
i am now in the process of putting the bike back together and rebuilding the starter this was a good learning experience for me thanx for the wealth of info firebladders.
i will soon be showing some more finincial gratitude tothe site.
post #7 of 9 Old 04-19-2008, 6:06 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

post #8 of 9 Old 04-19-2008, 10:33 PM

Congrats man, sorry i didnt get back to post until you had figured it out but at leasts it done, feels good when it all done and working though doesnt it
post #9 of 9 Old 04-20-2008, 9:10 AM Thread Starter

oh yes it does

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page