Finally Got the Blade Out The Garage - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 04-18-2008, 4:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 41

Finally Got the Blade Out The Garage

Finally. It was dry yesterday afternoon and I managed to go and put 100 miles on the new toy. Really enjoyed it as I am still getting used to sportsbikes again. Wrists still ache a bit after a naked, but I'll get there. So easy to gain cornering confidence on this tool. I have to report I am running standard pressures in the BT015s and all is good ( just been reading the tyre thread ).

Spending a sunny afternoon getting acquainted with your new two wheeled love is a great way to pass a couple of hours.

The only problem I had yesterday was changing from 5th to 6th a couple of times when I didn't engage 6th properly. I am putting this down to me getting used to the bike, and it still only having 250 miles on the clock. My Aprilia had a false neutral at first between 5th and 6th if you weren't firm enough with the change. Any record of this on new Honda gearboxes or is it just me ?

I hope to get 600 miles on asap and get the first service done so I can stop watching the revs !! After the gear change experiences I checked the chain. Seems a lot of play, even though it is in tolerance to what the sticker says. Strange it says 35mm of play when if you push the chain up 35mm it will reach the swingarm before you can measure it ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-18-2008, 10:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Finally Got the Blade Out The Garage

yo splatty yep weather has been better down south as well nearly run mine in as for the gear changing i was having trouble down changing and then the final click into first ie at traffic lights. it doesn't do it all the time though i did tighten the clutch one full turn so could have been the cable bedding in maybe?
my chain got really loose after about 150 miles mate took it back to the dealership and they adjusted it and i can tell you there isn't 35mm of play in it! come to think of it gears have been a lot better since i had that done could be it mate?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page