Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Scotts install ?

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  2OHOH2 
#1 ·
I did a search, but didn't really find much.  I will just paste the e-mail in here to see if any of you all know what is up with this.  
-----------------------------------------------------------
'Hi,

I just purchased a Scotts damper for a 954RR from a local shop.  I followed the instructions completely, but I think I may be missing some allen/hex bolts.  Per the instructions it says to screw in the “5 o’clock and 7 o’clock” bolts and tighten.  Then to repeat the same pattern.  I found allen/hex bolts for the 11 o’clock and 1 o’clock positions, but haven’t found the other 4 bolts that will fit into the rest of the holes (time slots) for the 2,4,8, & 10 o’clock positions.  There were 4 other allen/hex bolts that were included, but they are much too large for the corresponding holes.  It seems as if their was some sort of mistake in the packaging of parts for my damper.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,'
----------------------------------------------------------

I know this damper serves a fuctional purpose, but I couldn't resist posting a few pics... I think they look really nice, as well as server a purpose....

no way that is going to fit

told ya it wouldn't

the 4 that are too big

See less See more
#3 ·
2OHOH2954 : Uhh, you're missing four small bolts, the ones that secure the Scotts damper mount ring to the new stem nut.
exaclty... That was my initial thought. Well I have the thing completely installed, but it's only held by 4 bolts instead of 8. So, now I am debating whether to take the bike for a quick ride up to my office and back (8 miles r/t).

#4 ·
There are allen bolts for every hole.

Scotts has been a very 'easy to deal with' co. in my experience. The only problem that may arise is the fact that you didn't buy from them direct... To save time you may be able to order the bolts direct from Scotts on-line.

#6 ·
cbr99xx : There are allen bolts for every hole.

Scotts has been a very 'easy to deal with' co. in my experience. The only problem that may arise is the fact that you didn't buy from them direct... To save time you may be able to order the bolts direct from Scotts on-line.
Just got off the phone with scotts; 'You should get those by Tuesday'. Great customer service thus far. Hopefully they will arive as stated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.