horrible bogging/stalling on a 06 1000 RR HELP ! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 05-04-2008, 7:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

horrible bogging/stalling on a 06 1000 RR HELP !

Basics................ Full Akro. Evolution and K&N air filters. Only 153 miles on the bike.

Problem was present before a PC III and after.

Its driving me nuts.

Crack the throttle and it bogs and or stalls. Slowly increase RPM same thing.

The weird thing is that it happens at the same exact RPM. It doesn't seem load based........ More or less throttle position and or RPM based.

I say this cause as stated above the end result is the same at 6500-6700 RPM every time. No matter if the throttle is opened slowly or fast.

I don't feel its really a fuel problem, so I haven't dived into changing anything fuel related.

I haven't changed the fuel filter, because of the above stated symptoms.

Breather hose is free and open to vent.

Thanks for the help fellas, cause I'm at a loss for what to do.

Maybe I'm over complicating things and its something simple that I'm over looking, but its pissing me off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-04-2008, 7:24 PM Thread Starter

Re: horrible bogging/stalling on a 06 1000 RR HELP !

Forgot to mention that I'm not receiving any fault codes from th fuel injection system that I know of.

I haven't seen any lights come on at all with the problems I'm having.
post #3 of 10 Old 05-04-2008, 7:44 PM

hmmm.... this one is weird. let's go through some things first that may help you out. u need 3 things to create a fire of any sort. Air, fuel, and and ignition source. now you must eliminate the one's that are working properly. You obviously have all 3 at lowwer RPM. you are less likely to lose ignition at a given RPM. What I mean is, ignition is one of those things, you either have it or you don't. So, we can pretty much eliminate Ignition. Air can be an issue at higher RPM, because your engine moves a higher volume of air at high RPM. Now, air can be blocked on either the intake side or the exhaust side. You COULD have a restriction in one of these. Usually, when one of these is restricted, the engine will continue to run, it just will stop pulling. The air restriction will only allow the engine to turn as fast as the amount of air moving through the combustion chambers. It can cause the engine to stall out, but usually you will just get a sputter or something. You could have an issue with the air filter or the flapper in the box. Last you have fuel, which you obviously are getting. Fuel is the one that I would look to first with this kind of problem, because fuel injected bikes have a fuel pressure regulator that can and does go out. This can cause you to only have enough pressure to run at low rpm and kill the engine at higher rpm. You could also have a fuel filter issue, which you already stated. It is doubtful that the pump is bad, but I have seen pumps go bad and not be able to pump the volume needed to run the engine at higher rpm. I would definitely start with the fuel system, and go from there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 05-04-2008, 8:22 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

Ditch the K & N and put the stock filter back on to see if the problem clears up...

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

post #5 of 10 Old 05-04-2008, 8:36 PM

Reputation Power: 12

I'd try a fresh tank of fuel, also take a look at the spark plugs color.
post #6 of 10 Old 05-04-2008, 8:48 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys....................... But now things are getting worse.

Any sort of throttle input is now just killing it. Even a slight bit of throttle stalls it out. I can't even get enough response to pull the bike out in 1st gear.

I know I mentioned it above, but this bike only has 153 miles on it. Thats not a typo either.

Is it really a possibility that a fuel pump, regulator or anything like that could have failed ?

Here's another strange piece of the puzzle that adds to the confusion.

When the bike dies out from the throttle input and you try for a restart its a mother-F'r to start up. It seems as if you turn the key on or hit the kill switch while the key is on and the fuel pump primes again, the bike will fire up.

Originally I wasn't thinking fuel related problems because it was only doing it at such a narrow point in the RPM range. But now I'm thinking a little different.

I guess this is gonna be a narrowing down of things starting with the fuel filter first. I'll check to make sure that a vac. source for the fuel pressure reg. is intact and connected also.

What really sucks is that I have a great background and higher level of experience with mechanics and tuning then the average fella. Hell, I have over a 500 horsepower 4 cyl. Mitsubishi Eclipse running on E85....... all turbo with the appropriate amount of air and fuel of course.

Had a fully built turbo RX-7 also. Modded my last few bikes and tuned them all myself. I do all my own work/mods and tuning myself................ But I'm really baffled by this.

I'm wondering if its just something that really is that simple of a thing that I'm over looking here............. kind of like having too much knowledge and over complicating a "Right under your nose" problem.

Well, I'm open to any other suggestions or paths to follow here if any one has anything to share.

But as stated, I guess I will start with the simple basics of the fuel system and climb the ladder to as I alleviate the possibilties.

Thanks again guys.
post #7 of 10 Old 05-04-2008, 10:37 PM

Reputation Power: 17

With having that few miles on the bike i of course figure that the bike is new. TAKE THAT BIKE TO THE SHOP (like i say, just guessing that it is new). If not, it sounds like it is some sort of fueling problem. Possibly the electronics.

Last edited by rokitt51; 05-05-2008 at 2:06 AM.
post #8 of 10 Old 05-05-2008, 1:20 AM

If i were you i would take the bike into the dealership and have them look into it... being an 06 and having only 153 miles on it, it will stil have the factory warranty from honda on it providing you purchased the bike new...
so save yourself the time and aggrevation and let a dealership tech check it over...
post #9 of 10 Old 05-06-2008, 9:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover130 View Post
I'd try a fresh tank of fuel, also take a look at the spark plugs color.
Have you done this?, sure sounds like crap fuel to me, possible fouled plugs as well.
post #10 of 10 Old 06-17-2008, 2:57 PM

the same thing is happening to my bike,can you let me know what you found out about it

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page