Removing my CA smog crap - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-06-2008, 5:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Removing my CA smog crap

Hi just wondering if any one else has removed all the CA smog stuff and ran the bike like a 49 state model and if it as helped with power and fuel milage.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-06-2008, 7:02 PM
-Z-

Reputation Power: 14

Send a message via AIM to -Z-
Re: Removing my CA smog crap

Well I know you can remove the evap canister and it should save you a bit of weight because of how much it weighs...and I'm sure if you wanted to remove the PAIR system someone makes block-off plates for that too...haven't done it myself yet.
post #3 of 7 Old 05-06-2008, 7:08 PM

you should not remove evap canister, i am an automotive technician and the only reason you should be removing your evap canister is for weight reduction, it does not give you more power if you take it out it is only there for emissions, i dont reccommend you do it unless you are looking to lose weight but if you do let me know how that turns out for you, just my opinion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-07-2008, 3:01 AM
-Z-

Reputation Power: 14

Send a message via AIM to -Z-

Well, while reducing the weight of the bike won't directly increase the bike's power, it will help with the bike's power-to-weight ratio, which is why I mentioned it...

In all fairness, I've left mine on. I don't need the extra bit of performance and see no need to increase my emissions...I already let off enough of those after some chili!!
post #5 of 7 Old 05-07-2008, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

HAHA thats funny,

I just want to clean the bike up all the smog stuff just gets in the way and is more crap then needed It has all ready been provin that it does not always work and just takes up space and weight.

If my Fat A$$ can't lose the weight then mabe my bike should wheels are the next thing 8.5 lbs less rotating mass per wheel = HP and great turn in.

Thats all I sould not of asked about the power you may gain because I know you won't but the weight is always good.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-07-2008, 12:12 PM

Reputation Power: 27

What smog "stuff" gets in the way?
If you were tracking it, I'd say strip it down. But that's not it, is it?
The CAT has substatial weight to it. But the canister is less than 1 pound. The PAIR valves don't weigh a quarter pound combined. And none of it will give you better gas mileage. Infact, you will loose some. Are you planning on gutting your tank? After all, it has a blockage to only let unleaded nozzles work. Wheels would be your best bet. 1 pound of unsprug wieght is like 5 pounds anywhere else on the bike. If you reduce the unsprung weight by 9 or 10 LBS, your accelleration, braking and turning will be vastly improved.

Ride Red
post #7 of 7 Old 05-30-2008, 1:36 AM

This might help.

1994 CBR600 F2 De-Smog

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page