FIRT THINGS FIRST! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 05-06-2008, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

FIRT THINGS FIRST!

OOOOOOOOOK FIRST QUESTION .......WHAT CAN I USE OFF OF A 954 THAT WILL WORK WITH THE 929!, AND I HEARD THAT YOU CAN USE THE 954 SWINGARM ON THE 929 GUESS IT UPGRADES IT.......I DONT KNOW

MY BIKE IS GONNA NEED:

SUBFRAME
FORKS
REAR WHEEL
HEADLIGHT
ALL PLASTIC
STATOR COVER AND MAGNETO
SHOCK WITH THE DOGBONE AND LINKAGE
TANK
BASICALLY EVERYTHING!
I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL INFO!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-07-2008, 1:38 AM

Re: FIRT THINGS FIRST!

um... ok.... Well lets start from the beginning. Here's what I would do, first remove the front wheel. Next remove the 4 bolts holding the engine in the frame. now remove the front forks. sell everything that isn't bent or broken. Take that money and put it down on a new CBR1000RR.

seriously though, with that much damage to your bike, there still may be things lingering in there that you may not even know about yet. For instance, if your stator cover got busted off, you could have a bent crankshaft. That happened to me. I bought my bike wrecked and this exact thing happened to me. In my very humble opinion, you are heading down a path you may not want to be on. you have some very severe damage here and I would be leary to use anything off of it.

Should you decide to go ahead with it, best of luck and I wish you well with the project
post #3 of 8 Old 05-07-2008, 2:49 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

I bought my 929 as a wreck also. My stator was smashed off and I smashed the cover off again later on. Your first job is to make certain the cases aren't cracked due to the swingarm being hung directly off the engine. I've seen this on a bike with an undamaged rear wheel and swingarm. Then you need to drop some borrowed forks and clamps in and check wheel alignment and wheelbase.
As for 954 parts compatibility - not much.
954 forks and wheels should slide straight in. You could just as easily put 1000RR forks, brakes and wheels on though. Master cylinders are swapable but are different bore sizes. If you _need_ to replace it the 954 swingarm can be fitted for maybe a couple of hundred grams less unsprung weight but I'm not aware of any other advantage. I've just picked up a 1000RR swingarm I'm considering fitting but that's a major job. It's also longer than the 929 and incredibly heavy so I may not bother pursuing it.
If you're willing to put in some effort you could fit 954 tank and subframe. You might also have to swap the airbox though. I was going to put a 954 tank on mine but never got around to it and sold the tank.
The plastics and headlight should fit with a bit of fiddling but I'd expect you'd have to swap the front subframe as well or fabricate a new one.
954 stator and cover _should_ fit the 929 _if_ you also replace the rotor.
I don't believe the 954 shock will fit the 929 but it might be adaptable.
954 cams have marginally more lift and the throttle bodies are 2mm bigger than the 929.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 05-09-2008, 3:54 PM Thread Starter

SORRY I HAVEN'T REPLIED SOONER....I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL WITH MY WIFE AND WE HAD OUR DAUGHTER WED @ 1;30 AND I JUST GOT HOME, YEAH IM BUYING THE BIKE FOR 700.00 BUCKS AND IT COMES WITH A CLEAN TITLE , SO I FIGURED ID GIVE IT A SHOT, I HAVE THOUGHT OF PARTING IT OUT AND SELLING EVERY STRAIGHT PART BUT HALF OF ME WANTS TO FIX IT AND RIDE, HELL I DONT KNOW WITH THE NEW BABY I MIGHT NOT BE RIDIN TILL NEXT SUMMER LOL .....BUT I APPRECIATE THE INFO I WILL GIVE ALL UPDATES AS PROJECT GOES FURTHER!
post #5 of 8 Old 05-10-2008, 12:52 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Congrats Man :-)
Mine has just bought her first car!
I get a lot of enjoyment out of riding bikes I've built myself.
The 929 I got for an excellent price but it was mainly cosmetic damage so was perfect for a racebike. I registered it with no problems though and it's done as much road time as race time.
My ZX6R was much more severe with the frame folded, forks bent and front wheel smashed into the headers. Put a less bent frame on and a GSXR600 front end snf it rides really nicely. The wheelbase is 60mm shorter than stock so I had to shorten the radiator and move the fairing back 30mm as both were biting the tyre under brakes :-)

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #6 of 8 Old 05-10-2008, 5:17 PM Thread Starter

thanks man yeah it was my first natural birth and boy is that a site to see!! lol anyway i hear ya on getin more out of a bike that you built thats why i would much rater rebuild one than buy a new one! cant see spendin ten g's then someone scratches it or you pull a woops and forget to put the kickstand down all the way..........( yeah i havent done that before) and then your stuck with the payments and damage you got to pay for on top! my sayn is its better when its paid for! im still new at the whole rebuild thing but i really enjoy huntin for parts on sites and ebay and then the wait for the parts and then sittin in the shop puttin it on drinkn a beer
o well if ya come accross any 929 parts let me know just pm me! thanks
post #7 of 8 Old 06-04-2008, 8:51 PM

Hey did you buy the wrecked 954??
post #8 of 8 Old 06-04-2008, 10:56 PM

If so please contact me at [email protected] I need some parts

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page