Need help please - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 05-07-2008, 2:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Need help please

Hello guys. This is my first post here on FireBlades.org.

I am a total noob who doesn't know how to ride a bike, but these days i am learning on a friends 600RR. I have a few questions for you people and its my request that all of you please guide me:

1) Even if i have the cash to buy a brand new 2007 Fireblade, should i save money and buy a 2nd hand 2006 Fireblade ?(with aftermarket lazer exhaust)
2) What is the difference between the 2006 and 2007 model as far as the body and performance is concerned?
3) My friends tell me that i would be a fool if i buy the 2007 CBR1000RR.

I am in a state of hardcore confusion. Please let me know what you guys think on the above queries. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-07-2008, 2:32 PM

Re: Need help please

no miles never been down and that new bike smell 07 all the way!
post #3 of 6 Old 05-07-2008, 2:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherken View Post
no miles never been down and that new bike smell 07 all the way!
So u are saying that i shud go for the 2007 model?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-07-2008, 2:44 PM

Reputation Power: 14

Hiya, and welcome.

I personaly think the jump to a Fireblade from Noob is hugh, its a lot of machine to handle - I even think its too much for some long term riders.
If you are comfortable now on th 600RR - why not go for a second hand one now - there are pleanty with low milage - as there are so many guys who park it and not ride. Im not saying you cant ride or anything but if you dont have experience you will find the road a fery unfreindly place to land on.
If you start cheap - it wont hurt your pocket as much if you have a small accident - there is a saying in the biking comunity that there are two kinds of riders - 1. those who have fallen & 2. those who are going to fall.
It dont have to be your fault, a single slip on a patch of desiel is enough and you wont even notice it on the tar - bang.

I must stress that - you dont learn just from your mates - try find a reputable bike school nearby and get som valuble lessons, they know better, and worth every cent.

1.Back to your other questions. a second hand Blade is as good as the new, within reason....
2.there are a few cosmetic changes on the 07 mostly the nose shape, and the Front breaks are a different color (gold - 07).
3. Your friend is looking after your interests, somtimes a friend is needed.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-07-2008, 2:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR001 View Post
Hiya, and welcome.

I personaly think the jump to a Fireblade from Noob is hugh, its a lot of machine to handle - I even think its too much for some long term riders.
If you are comfortable now on th 600RR - why not go for a second hand one now - there are pleanty with low milage - as there are so many guys who park it and not ride. Im not saying you cant ride or anything but if you dont have experience you will find the road a fery unfreindly place to land on.
If you start cheap - it wont hurt your pocket as much if you have a small accident - there is a saying in the biking comunity that there are two kinds of riders - 1. those who have fallen & 2. those who are going to fall.
It dont have to be your fault, a single slip on a patch of desiel is enough and you wont even notice it on the tar - bang.

I must stress that - you dont learn just from your mates - try find a reputable bike school nearby and get som valuble lessons, they know better, and worth every cent.

1.Back to your other questions. a second hand Blade is as good as the new, within reason....
2.there are a few cosmetic changes on the 07 mostly the nose shape, and the Front breaks are a different color (gold - 07).
3. Your friend is looking after your interests, somtimes a friend is needed.
Thank you for the wonderful response bro. That will really help me decide. Thanks
post #6 of 6 Old 05-07-2008, 3:16 PM

Reputation Power: 14

Kewel...remember small steps.
See you on the road

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page