2000 929 RR No Start??? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 05-07-2008, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

2000 929 RR No Start???

I have a 2000 fireblade and tried starting it after the long cold winter. battery was dead so I did the dumb thing, and tried boosting it with my car battery. it started up but as soon as i took off booster cables it stopped. I tried again, and same thing. then the third time the fuel pump didnt go when i turned the key. I replaced the battery and still nothing. when i touch the booster cables to post all the lights come on but the fuel pump does not go. And my local shop can't have a look at it until the end of the month which really sucks lol. Any ideas on what i may have done, or what i can do in the mean time. Really hoping i didnt damage the computer on bike..... Thanks

Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-14-2008, 2:49 PM

Re: 2000 929 RR No Start???

i had the same problem but then i found out that the c.a.m sensor was chewed off buy a rat and after the rewiring the bike it started immediatly
post #3 of 5 Old 05-14-2008, 2:56 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25

I think you have two issues. The first, the new battery has an issue. If no lights will come on with just it attached, then you need to address that issue first. The second issue is the fuel pump. Once you get the battery issue sorted, you should use a wiring diagram and test the various points in the fuel system. There should be a relay in the system, I would test before and after the relay. If you have power before the relay and not anything after (while it primes) then there is your issue. If you have power before and after the relay, then the next issue is the pump. Do you have power at the connections going into the pump? If yes, then the issue is with the pump. If no, then you have a wiring issue. If you don't have power before the relay, then trace it back even further; probably to the ECU. Also check for a ground plug as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-14-2008, 3:28 PM

Reputation Power: 14

was the new battery charged....dont laugh it happens.
slow charge it the first time, if theres not enough current it wont turn over anything.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-14-2008, 7:26 PM Thread Starter

wow i do feel like an idiot. i put my old battery on slow charge over night, bought a battery buddy or whatever you call them, put it in and it turned over. but still no EFI. went through the fuses again, and they were all fine. Infront of the fuse box there's a lil white cap. opened it and sure as **** there was a blown fuse in there. didnt even realize what it was when i first looked haha. thanks for the replies tho guys.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page