2 questions - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 06-13-2008, 5:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 13

2 questions

Hey all

As some of you might have picked up i just recently bought my first Fireblade. Been after one for many many yrs.

Anyway recently i replaced the front tire but ever since it was replace the front brakes have more fade on them. Actaully so much that i have to kinda pump it up a bit to get it to be nice and firm. Now ive read some topics on bleeding the brakes here on fireblades.org but i doubt if i have the same fault. Only the calipers were removed from the front wheel. Nothing was bled or opened or topped up. So i cant see any way for airbubbles to have come into the system.

Ive noticed on my vfr400, after a front tire replacement the brakes seems better for a few days and then go back to its soft fading response.

Here its the other way around and it does not feel in anyway the same as before the tire change. What could be the reason?

And then question 2 is, when the bike is still cold it just seems that putting it in 1st gear its as if the whole bike shakes when engaging first. Its still there even when warmed up but not as loud. Is this normal? Its so bad that sometimes i think its in 1st just to find out that its still in neutral.

The bike is a 2004 Tri Color, and in very very good condition. Its never been on the track even for any reason what so ever. It was also a lady owners bike so it was not ridden that hard. SO i doubt if it can be doing this due to abuse.

Any help pls
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-13-2008, 5:35 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 17

Re: 2 questions

As far as question 2 goes, tighten your chain and see of that helps. Number 1, well bleed your brakes. See if that makes a difference.
post #3 of 9 Old 06-13-2008, 6:01 AM

Reputation Power: 0

1) change brake fluid and bleed the brakes. Minor job.

2) try moving bike a bit forward the same time you put 1st gear in. does it help? Normal behavior.

-J-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 06-13-2008, 6:31 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JariCBR900RR View Post
1) change brake fluid and bleed the brakes. Minor job.
I absolutely agree. In my mind, the need to pump up the brakes always means bleeding is required. Changing the fluid is a good thing.

Maybe this is a good excuse to change to braided lines, too.
post #5 of 9 Old 06-13-2008, 9:06 AM

Don't know about the 04's but the 929's are normally clunky dropping into first. Sometimes even shifting through the lower gears they seem to go in harder then other times. +1 on the brakes.
post #6 of 9 Old 06-13-2008, 10:43 AM

My 02 954 was doing the same thing so i tighten up my chain and most of it went away,
post #7 of 9 Old 06-17-2008, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Thx for replies guys. As it is i would like to get some braided hoses, but will have to go with bleeding and replacing the brake fluid for now. Between buying new pc games and bike parts my wife is about to murder me .

As for 1st gear woes, ill tighten the chain and see if that helps, which it should listening to your reports.

Thx again mates!
post #8 of 9 Old 06-17-2008, 10:42 AM

Add this in for the hard shift....The other day I left the gas station and powered it up in first just a little as I saw a car down the way fixin to run stop sign. I let right off and must have hit the rear brake too hard before I got the clutch in. The bike made all kinds of clicking down in the trans, then shifted really hard between first and second all the home. This was Sunday afternoon, rode this morning and it was super smooth so ????
post #9 of 9 Old 06-17-2008, 10:46 AM

for #1 did you replace it recently and it's getting hot and does this fade get worse whenu park the bike in hot place or in the sun ?

for number 2 don't rev the bike as you shift make sure it's almost idling while u shift from neutral also check your chain it can be a bit tight

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page