back from germany took the blade round the nurburgring!!!!! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 06-16-2008, 6:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

back from germany took the blade round the nurburgring!!!!!

hi all back from germany wow what a road trip that was.
Went on some amazing twistys used the route that was featured in a recent mcn roDE the blade for nearly nine hours with a few cig breaks she really is a stunning piece of kit.
took her round the nurburgring how ****ing scary was that but we made it in one piece thank god!!!!!
SUPERBIKES was great a stunning weekend but very long and germany's weather is about as good as the uk but bloody colder!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-16-2008, 7:42 PM

Reputation Power: 20

Re: back from germany took the blade round the nurburgring!!!!!

Very cool! I have seen vids of the Nurburgring and always thought it looked harry

01 CBR 929
08 Ducati 1098

Florida Trackdays

GiveGab

post #3 of 7 Old 06-17-2008, 5:34 AM

no photo = no nurburgring

post some photos !!! lol!

I hope this year will be my first nordschleife riding

Congratulations!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-17-2008, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

well i would if i could but all i have is a picture of the entrance as your not aloud to stop trackside to take photos unless one of the rings photographers caught me as myself and my mate went on it the same time so was a bit hard to take photos lol all i can say is it scared the **** out of me and there certainly wasn't any knee down moments lol i won't be doing it again in the near future but i'm glad i did.
post #5 of 7 Old 06-17-2008, 1:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev435 View Post
well i would if i could but all i have is a picture of the entrance as your not aloud to stop trackside to take photos unless one of the rings photographers caught me as myself and my mate went on it the same time so was a bit hard to take photos lol all i can say is it scared the **** out of me and there certainly wasn't any knee down moments lol i won't be doing it again in the near future but i'm glad i did.
Lol! you'll survived the Green Hell, should be proud ;-) hehehe
I thought it's allowed to stop to take photo, a friend told me that he found a bus with all the tourist walking in a circuit corner .
There is also another possibility, as I know there is some kind of bar/restaurant very near racetrack, and some bridge. Anyway, same as you I would NEVER stop, not safe and it will penalize my best chrono (kidding)

I will for sure prepare a onboard camera to record the moment. I'm planing a trip from Spain to Germany just to ride in Nordschleife for 3 or 4 days. Hope it can be during this July or August. Who knows... it's like a dream for me.

Keep dreaming :
1) Nurburgring Nordschleife
2) Isle of Man
3) Clermont Ferrant (Charade) unluckily not possible ride the old circuit
4) Spa Francochamps
---over my possibilities ---
4) Macau
5) Old Hokkenheim
6) Sugo or Suzuka (or both)
7) Laguna Seca

Anyway it should be an unforgettable day, again : congratulations!

Gassss!!
post #6 of 7 Old 06-17-2008, 6:01 PM

I was over at the 'RING' for the second time in May. I really didn't enjoy it last year but gave it another go this year and loved it!!! and it was very very busy!!!
I think the first time you go there it's scary cause nothing can prepare you for what it's like on the 'RING'. I said last year I wouldn't go this year again but I did and guess what I can't wait till next year!! Roll on May!!!

Here's one of me and Suz on the 'RING'
Attached Thumbnails
Me and Suz doing the 'RING'.jpg‎  
post #7 of 7 Old 06-20-2008, 9:54 PM

Re: Nurburgring (Nordschleife)

Hr74

"I thought it's allowed to stop to take photos, a friend told me that he found a bus with all the tourist walking in a circuit corner"

Your friend was exaggerating. You need to be aware of the rules which apply at the 'Ring. It is a one-way public toll road with over 70 corners, featuring blind crests and fast, technical corners. You need to do at least 50 laps just to learn where the track goes BEFORE you can think about going fast. It is not a racetrack as such now, altho' it used to be the venue for F1 and bike GP races!

The German driving laws apply to the 'Ring just as they do to the roads around it, and they are now strictly enforced. Anyone found 'stopping to take photos' is almost certain to be reported and prosecuted for putting other drivers' lives at risk, not to mention their own. If I sound negative, it is because stupid driving and poor overtaking cause a lot of accidents there, especially at the weekends when the track is crowded.

"There is some kind of bar/restaurant very near racetrack, and some bridge"

I think you are referring to Breidscheid, an exit/entrance about 6 miles in, which has a great viewing area above a double apex left-hander.

"I will for sure prepare a onboard camera to record the moment"

The company which owns and operates the 'Ring banned the use of video and still cameras several years ago, seemingly because it did not want the negative publicity of crash scenes being posted all over the web and the press. If a marshal spots your recording equipment you will be banned from using the 'Ring and your gear will be confiscated.

It is a unique place, but it demands total respect and concentration, especially when riding a bike there.....

Steely Dan
08 CBR 1000RR Blade

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page