HIDs for CBR1000RR - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 06-19-2008, 5:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

HIDs for CBR1000RR

I am looking to put some HID's on my CBR1000RR and was wondering if anyone has ever done the install? if so, how easy was it? Should I get thin ballast?

Any comments would be appreciated. Also, Has anyone ever gotten a kit from xenoneyes.com?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-20-2008, 4:00 PM

Re: HIDs for CBR1000RR

I am allready tested HID lo light to my bike. I'm gonna assembly 2 ballasts under the rear seat. Wires are too short for that. I must put ~120cm wire between bulb and ballasts. Under rear seat is just enought space for 2 ballasts. I'm gonna use two sided 3M off wripped? tape to fix ballasts. There is also rubber band which is also useful to sure that ballasts don't loosen after some time.

There must be use high voltage wire between ballasts and bulbs because Xenon light starting voltage is over 20 000V.

Xenon light working well throught original bulb wires. I dont use any additional relay to feed power straight from the battery. light go off while starting motor but that didn't cause any problems.

I hope that there is no therabol writing errors . Can someone send this writing to me privat in corrected.

Here is where I am allready ordered one set of HID's: HIDWORLD.COM - Your Source Of HID Xenon Lighting System. - 4300K 35W Single Beam HID Kit 4300K 35W Single Beam HID Kit
post #3 of 3 Old 06-20-2008, 6:14 PM Thread Starter

Re: HIDs for CBR1000RR

Thanks for the input! I ended up ordering from xenoneyes.com b/c the customer service was great. I like the idea that I can call them 5 days a week and actually talk to someone. (unlike other sites where u have to email)

I will hopefully post some pics of my bike when its done.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page