Charging problem, (yes i did search first)
Hey Guys, I have been reading this forum for years now and never really had anything to contribute but i have learned tons. I am definately having some troubles though that i cant seem to get situatied.
One day at work i left my key in my bike all day... Obviously didnt start, charged the battery no dice... Got a new battery then it worked for about 2 months then same situation. rince wash repeat once more... then i obviously keep searching the internet and find out that my voltage regulator is killing my batteries. Now i changed the voltage regulator and well... it died a week later. Now i get my new voltage regulator (same battery for over a year) and it boils the battery to the point where it hisses when i turned the bike off... so i figured maybe a dead cell i mean its a brand new regulator how could it be that. I put a new battery in, i even let it charge over the course of 12 or so hours on my trickle charger. I put it in... 17.6v once i start the bike. WOW... I guess its the voltage regulator? What keeps killing these and how to do i fix it.
My 2nd issue, when i hit my brakes or use anything that takes up extra juice my lights dim. My buddies bike doesent do this but i cant seem to figure out what this is. But im thinking that these issues are connected.
I have a 1998 CBR900RR any help is greatly appreciated.