Location of engine numbers on a 929 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 06-21-2008, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Location of engine numbers on a 929

I am looking to buy a used engine and I know theres one above the oil filler cap are there any other locations where there might be identifying numbers.I dont want to end up with a stolen engine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-21-2008, 12:28 AM

Reputation Power: 12

Re: Location of engine numbers on a 929

As far as I kno those are the only ones. I have a buddy that worked at a honda dealer. He told me the dealership is the ones that log the engine number to the bike. He said most dont do that. So your best bet is to call a police station. Give them the number. If it doesnt show up atleast you tried.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-22-2008, 2:30 AM Thread Starter

The one I found on eBay has no number and if you ask me it sounds super sketchy.problem is I I need an engine but my karma tells me its stolen and to stay away.I know I would cry if someone stole my bike and parted it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-22-2008, 3:01 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

An engine with no number is never a good bet unless they have a really good reason - and I can't think of one. I don't know if new OEM cases come with a number but I would expect they would.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #5 of 7 Old 06-22-2008, 7:54 AM Thread Starter

He said it was purchased from a police auction but I would think that the police would give some type of documentation.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-22-2008, 8:03 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Well, I guess an engine that is stolen, number ground off and then recovered could be auctioned off. I don't know if you could apply to register a bike with that engine though or even if you can apply for a new number to mark into it. You would have to ask the licensing people where you plan to license the bike.

I know that down here we can apply for a replacement VIN tag but I don't think we can do so with a frame that's been listed on the Written-Off Vehicle Register. The Act does allow for application to reinstate a vehicle from the WOVR because it doesn't have the required damage but I've never heard of anybody successfully doing so.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #7 of 7 Old 06-22-2008, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

The more I talked to the guy the fishier it got his story changed a few times like how many bikes he bought at the same time at the auction,the city the auction was in.When I started asking too many ?'s he said he had to go and would call me back in an hour ,never did and wont answer his phone,he stopped the auction so I called the police told them what was going on and gave them the guys phone number the eBay auction # and told them all the twisted stuff the guy said.They said their going to track the guy down by his number and investigate.I hope the guy is a criminal and gets what he deserves and not a legit guy just trying to make a buck.Then I would feel bad for the guy getting hassled if he's legit.I think he's a thief and will get arrested.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page