servo motor ? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-20-2008, 3:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 12

servo motor ?

i reconnected my servo motor and i think i replaced the cables wrong wen i turn ma bike on it clicks i think the cables are put on wrong. does anybody know which cables go were
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-20-2008, 5:38 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 230

Re: servo motor ?

Can you turn the pulley by hand?
The mark on the valve should be pointing forward normally and you should be able to turn it clockwise 90 degrees to point up and anti-clockwise 90 degrees to point down.
Witht the engine running it should point forward at idle and at 3000rpm it should turn to point up.
At 8000rpm it should point down.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 4 Old 07-20-2008, 8:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 20

Garage

and if it was the wrong way round and possibly jammed hope you have not stripped the gears in the servo motor ...........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-21-2008, 6:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Hi

If you install a brand new servo motor there is a pin in it which holds it in a locked position. The cables you removed should only be able to reach the correct holes on the exhaust valve hwne it's in this position. It's a bit of a stretch from memory though and you need to unhook one of the exhaust valve cables from its guide to get it fully onto the exhaust valve pulley. Can;t remember which one but I'll look it up in my manual if you're still having problems.

If you're reinstalling the old servo motor you should short the two terminals on the service code connection block (small open two pin connector behind the battery). This will turn the servo to the correct position for cable installation. Then you need to put a pin in the hole on the servo pulley. This will lock it in the same position as a new one would be. Don't forget to take the pin out once you've connected the cable and before you start to adjust them.

Here's how to adjust them:

Remove the locking pin on the servo motor.
You'll see the adjuster nuts on the cables by the exhaust valve. Turn the ignition on. The lug on the exhaust valve pulley should line up with the groove on the casing at the 9 o'clock position. It's easy to see. Then short the 2 terminals on the service code connector block again with a bit of wire or paperclip. You'll hear the servo turn. Check the position of the lug again. it should now be pointing straight down and lining up with the groove at 6 o'clock on the casing. Lastly, while in this position, check that the markers on the airbox flapper also line up straight and adjust that cable if necessary (the adjuster is in the middle of the cable near the servo motor)."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page