2009 Fireblade - CBR1000RR - Page 4 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 343 Old 08-20-2008, 2:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: 2009 Fireblade - CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gerd View Post
Wait...you had an 08, then sold it, all in hopes that Honda will make the 09 better?

I doubt very seriously that Honda will make enough changes to the bike that selling a brand new 08 would make any sense.

As for finding a pipe, I guess its just personal preference but I've seen at least 4 different pipes that I wouldnt mind having, once I feel like the bike needs more power. As far as that goes, I plan on keeping my exhaust stock for a while, but I do plan on a PCIII and IM to get my top end back.

As for the headlight I really dont see an issue here, I ride with my high beams on all the time, which is more than enough light for me to ride at night or day with I would like some angel eye lenses with a stock bike, all the aftermarket kits are pretty cheaply made.

Ah, the ever lasting battle for paint schemes that everyone will love. I tried to get the all black, but they ran out of them, so I got my next best choice in the Red and Silver, pics cant do this color scheme justice, in person this scheme is gorgeous. But once again for Honda to make everyone happy they will need to have about 100 different colors, and then another 20 race replicas. If the colors dont float your boat but you really want the bike for what it can do, save up for a custom paint job, like the guy who got his Repsol Scheme done professionally. If they bring the white and black to the states, I will gladly not care, since everyone and their grandmother will be on one, and then my bike will be the rarer color. So no matter what colors they add, whatever color we dont get in one region will be wanted in another, it the nature of the beast.

On that note, long live the Blade in whatever iterations Honda dreams up
+1 I am totally enjoying my new 08. right now it is at Vance and Hines. they too are another to add to the group of exhaust. they are designing it as we speak. should have it back friday.

The headlight is fine. if you compare it to my gsxr thou, it shines like the sun! And for paint, mine has some small minute chips, but I also have 6500 miles on it, its too be expected.

I will be getting a custom paint job soon, but if they offered the Repsol paint from the start, I would've bought that and kept it.
Made my own tail tidy when I first got it as no one made one yet, but it was a fun project to take on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 343 Old 08-20-2008, 4:37 PM

Reputation Power: 15

08bladerunner, the original question stated "what cange's do you want to see" I would like to see a sharper, more aggressive looking nose, thats all. I can't see any hate in that, regardless of what i drive.
post #48 of 343 Old 08-21-2008, 1:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gappo mancini View Post
08bladerunner, the original question stated "what cange's do you want to see" I would like to see a sharper, more aggressive looking nose, thats all. I can't see any hate in that, regardless of what i drive.

wow with a reply that nice how can I say anything negative? unfortunately I have an aquaintance that has an 06 blade and he talked a whole bunch of crap about mine bein ugly.... even tho our mutual friend laughed at him for getting the older model. anyhow the guy wrecked his blade recently and replaced it with an 08 zx10r (since it has highest horsepower) hoping he could redeem himself for buying an old model bike. You wanna talk about ugly look at that bike... it is sharp and angular and very agressive. The new blade front IMO is smooth and flowing albeit a bit short. All it needs is an HID headlight kit and it looks awesome. As a whole the bike is much thinner looking and feeling. The older bikes seem so big and clunky compared to the new one. Have you ridden a new model? perhaps with time it will start to grow on you and appeal more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 343 Old 08-21-2008, 3:14 AM

Reputation Power: 15

Have had a spin off a mate's alright, no doubting it's capabillities. I'm very interested in reading about what owner's of the 08' model have to say. Might be me being over cautious before getting one?
post #50 of 343 Old 08-21-2008, 5:23 PM

Reputation Power: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALDGONZO View Post
Remember the thread was about what changes you would like to see on the 09 blade?
laubin stated he would like to see both lights for low beam.

Borat, Borat,
and this is a discussion forum, baldtard.
post #51 of 343 Old 08-22-2008, 6:28 PM

Reputation Power: 37

I was told today that Honda is changing the front end on the 1KRR, not sure how accurate his sources are but it came from the dealer Rep.. Not too much longer anyways..
post #52 of 343 Old 08-23-2008, 12:41 PM

Reputation Power: 13

hrmm, I doubt any changes to the front end will be drastic, even noticeable since as the appearance of a bike is designed they take into account all parts of the bike so they mesh together for a continuous theme. Drastic changes of appearance on one area of the bike will afect how the rest of the bike will look. I think any changes to the front will do more with combating wind buffeting than appearance issues. Even so the 1000rr has a beautifull front cowl, at least in the eyes of this proud owner. The minimalist approach up front is a breath of fresh air compared to al these other bikes with crasy creases and points all over the place.
post #53 of 343 Old 08-23-2008, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gerd View Post
hrmm, I doubt any changes to the front end will be drastic, even noticeable since as the appearance of a bike is designed they take into account all parts of the bike so they mesh together for a continuous theme. Drastic changes of appearance on one area of the bike will afect how the rest of the bike will look. I think any changes to the front will do more with combating wind buffeting than appearance issues. Even so the 1000rr has a beautifull front cowl, at least in the eyes of this proud owner. The minimalist approach up front is a breath of fresh air compared to al these other bikes with crasy creases and points all over the place.
AMEN

THANK YOU for saying that!!! I mean imagine if we were stuck with the ZX10-R THAT THING IS HIDEOUS!!! seriously if you look at all the other liter bikes out there they have a bunch of extra garbage on them...
(weighing them down)
what is that extra piece of crap on the back of the Kawi muffler? How about that ugly front cowl!!!

the Suzuki... that thing has mufflers off a semi truck!!!

people may say the back of the cbr1k is ugly from that WALL-E looking license plate bracket but it is only so noticeable becasue the rest of the bike is so compact... it only takes a tail tidy kit to rid that problem. Add a Power Commander and the HP jumps back to where it should be and at a peak of 12500 rpm instead of at 10750.
post #54 of 343 Old 08-23-2008, 6:12 PM

i'll have to agree ^^^. the new cbr1k is pretty good lookin compared to the rest of the 1k's out there. I came off an 06 r1, and loved that thing...and will be getting a cbr1k soon. But now idk if I should wait for the 09's. Yet no one has direct info on what's going to happen with them.
post #55 of 343 Old 08-23-2008, 6:19 PM

Reputation Power: 37

Quote:
But now idk if I should wait for the 09's
Yes wait.. IMHO.. The 08RR is the most love um/ hate um looking bike ever.. I hope they change the looks alittle then maybe I will buy the 09 model..
post #56 of 343 Old 08-23-2008, 6:32 PM

gettin an awsome deal on an 08...guess i'll have to talk to my buddy at the dealership and see if he'll spill any beans on the 09's
post #57 of 343 Old 08-23-2008, 7:25 PM

Reputation Power: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maholli View Post
Yes wait.. IMHO.. The 08RR is the most love um/ hate um looking bike ever.. I hope they change the looks alittle then maybe I will buy the 09 model..
I own an 08' and I must admit they need to do something with the looks. Its ok, but doesn't screem 'look at me'! For me its more performance.
post #58 of 343 Old 08-24-2008, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08silvercbr View Post
Its ok, but doesn't screem 'look at me'! For me its more performance.
I love that it doesnt scream look at me. Its so unmainstream that in a way though it does. I do agree with the performance comment though.
post #59 of 343 Old 08-24-2008, 2:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litre Kid View Post
I love that it doesnt scream look at me. Its so unmainstream that in a way though it does. I do agree with the performance comment though.

again well said!!! why does it have to scream look at me? who wants tickets??? attention is no good... the bike performs amazing! I get looks constantly from everyone saying how clean and simple the bike looks... just last night I was complimented on the bike by some guy while in the bathroom at a local restaurant, just after I saw a crowd of 6 or 7 people stand around admiring it...

mine is silver and black low key as it gets... and with the quiet exhaust (quieter than most 600's stock) I can cruise in stealth mode clutch in at any speed past cops while sounding like a scooter... and then I can crack the throttle to the tune of 9.80's at almost 150 mph (and I have a Ca. spec bike)

why does someone want LOUD look at me bike??? tryin to get a girlfriend by the looks of your sport bike? tryin to make up for an inadequacy elsewhere?
post #60 of 343 Old 08-24-2008, 3:18 AM

Itīs truly funny to hear what people think about the looks of the 08 CBR...the same discussion is coming back here on the swedish forums all the time. 50% says that bike is awesome, looks just amazing! (I am in that crowd...) and the rest is screaming that it is the most ugly ride in modern time...mostly coming from R1, GSX-R and ZX-R owners...

One thing is for sure, that bike creates opinions

For the 09 model I would like to see a stock gear indicator, and maybe some other paintjobs. Also our "grey" exhaust fairing; they must do something about that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page