PGM-FI fault - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 08-12-2008, 4:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

PGM-FI fault

the PGM-FI indicator and red light have come on on my rr1, says take to dealer just wondered if anybody could clue me in a bit cheers
thanks for the replies but the lights have gone off again going to have to wait until it happens again/ check sensors etc cheers

Last edited by hus8a; 08-13-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 08-12-2008, 6:23 AM

Re: PGM-FI fault

Put the bike on its side stand with the engine running (I presume it is still running). There will be a sequence of long and short flashes on the red light. The long flashes are the first number in the fault code, the short flashes are the second number (i.e. 3 long slow flashes, 5 short fast flashes = code 35, dodgy HTEV servo).

Pull the code and check a Haynes manual for the diagnosis or post back here and someone will tell you what the fault is. If you don't have a Haynes manual and you are even remotely mechanically minded and own some tools you should probably just buy one. It makes life easier and saves you a load of costs when stuff like this happens.

Si
post #3 of 12 Old 08-12-2008, 8:38 AM

Reputation Power: 20

i don't think you have to have the bike started. just turn the key to start position and look for the flashes.

post the flashes here and someone here can check their book for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 08-12-2008, 9:20 PM

I just had the exact same problem with my motorcycle, I took mine to the shop, but my problem was a sensor, once they replaced the sensor, they said they re-set the f1 light..not sure if this helps
post #5 of 12 Old 08-13-2008, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the replies but the lights have gone off again going to have to wait until it happens again/ check sensors etc cheers
post #6 of 12 Old 08-13-2008, 12:23 PM

Reputation Power: 12

That happened to me with my error code. Came on and went off 3 times. By the time It stayed on my servo gear box was destroyed. Check anything that you think it could be, better to check now and find a problem before it magnifies. Especially in the servo gear box, those gears get destroyed pretty easily.
post #7 of 12 Old 08-14-2008, 6:16 AM

I think the code may also still be stored in the memory so you can still read it by putting the bike on the side stand with ignition on to find out what the problem was/is.
post #8 of 12 Old 08-15-2008, 3:42 AM
asr

I really headache with this problem when this code 35 come out with my blade 954'03 a few months ago until now. I already change a new servo valve but the light still come out when I ride with 3000rpm above. It's will off until I switch off the engine. Any idea guys ?? Others could anybody know how to reset the digital odometer back to 0, which my blade already reach 99,999km. It's difficult to me to check the millage for change a new engine oil every 5,000km. Actually I'm using my blade to traveling to my office everyday for 5 days a week. Hope anybody could help me! TQ.
post #9 of 12 Old 08-15-2008, 5:29 AM

Try checking the adjustment and movement of the cables, exhaust valve and airbox flapper. Check thet the valve is moving smoothly and easily when you turn it by hand. It's definitely got to be something like that.

There is no way to reset the odometer as far as I know. It would be highly illegal in most countries if you were able set your bike's recorded mileage to zero whenever you liked. However, I'm surprised it doesn't just go back to zero by itself like an old fashioned odometer.
post #10 of 12 Old 02-23-2010, 2:52 AM
asr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Blade View Post
Try checking the adjustment and movement of the cables, exhaust valve and airbox flapper. Check thet the valve is moving smoothly and easily when you turn it by hand. It's definitely got to be something like that.

There is no way to reset the odometer as far as I know. It would be highly illegal in most countries if you were able set your bike's recorded mileage to zero whenever you liked. However, I'm surprised it doesn't just go back to zero by itself like an old fashioned odometer.
hye guy.. yes the digital is not back automatically like old analogue type.. i'm still having a problem with the odometer which is the 99999 still freeze on that number.. any idea how to reset to 0
post #11 of 12 Old 03-13-2010, 1:45 PM

I have a f1 fault light flashing 3 and 4 any one know what this could mean?
post #12 of 12 Old 03-13-2010, 1:56 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpratt100 View Post
I have a f1 fault light flashing 3 and 4 any one know what this could mean?
Yep, very common.
The HTEV is jammed up and/or the servo motor gears are stripped.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page