Honda 929 Help plz.. - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 08-13-2008, 2:06 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Honda 929 Help plz..

Hello everybody..

Myself Mr.Deepak from Bharat (India).
I recently bought an 929.
Let me admit you that I have no technical knowledge at all of these machines.
I wanted to know the basics things like how to scan and troubleshoot the problems(if any). Does it have any usb port to plug-in? S/w required any?

I have been facing few problems since I have bought.

1) FI and a red light goes on after sometime while riding.
2) Radiator fan starts on at 82 degree c. only.. Wanted to at what temp. the fan should get on usually..
3) And at low RPM I feel like it is strangled, feel like some of the cyl does not firing or so.. What should I do?.

Please help me out.. We dont even have any authorized service station over here as Hondas hasn't launched these bikes officially here ..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-13-2008, 2:14 AM
-Z-

Reputation Power: 14

Send a message via AIM to -Z-
Re: Honda 929 Help plz..

Okay, assuming this is for real....

No, there is no USB port. Sorry, it's not a computer that can just be reprogrammed. No software required other than the stuff between your ears. As for troubleshooting the bike, the best advice would be to get a service manual for your bike.

82 Celsius sounds pretty damn low of a temp for the fan to be turning on. Should be turning on at around 100 Celsius. Yes, that's correct. 100 Celsius. Or somewhere right around there.

As for the low RPM problem, might see about changing your spark plugs, cleaning out the air filter, and oh yeah checking what kind of fuel you are using in it over there for starters. Beyond that, the service manual and a mechanic who can actually follow the directions in the service manual, rather than trying to do his own thing.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-13-2008, 2:28 AM

Reputation Power: 12

Re: Honda 929 Help plz..

The FI light comming on also can give you more specific indications of the problem. The red light on the dash should flash a sequence when you turn the key to the "on" position, but not starting the bike. The slow flashes are the first digit of the code and the fast flashes are the second number (3 slow and then 5 fast would be a code 35 which is servo motor problems) The low end stumbling could definately be caused by whatever trouble code your ECU is throwing you.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page