another overheating bike - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 08-14-2008, 4:37 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 13

another overheating bike

today on my way to work I noticed the bike is jumping up to 228 degrees without the fan kicking in I was in the city going around 60MpH but lots of stop-go traffic temp goes down as soon as I take off.

I've noticed same thing happening before like 2 times but in really hot weather and really dead traffic and fan was kicking in.

the weird part is that when I stopped to park the bike the fan kicked in right away kept the bike running for a few seconds the fan kicks in again weird eh ?

till yesterday the fan was usually kicking in somewhere around 220 degrees sometimes 216 sometimes 223 but u get the idea.

noticed the overflow bottle is full today after I parked it even squirted out some coolant from the overflow hose

is there anything I should check or just keep an eye on it for now? it seems that some odd times it just does that the 954 does it sometimes too tha fan sometimes kicks in around 230F and I've no idea why and then it's back to normal guess it's the diffrence in temperature between the radiator thermostats and the cluster unit in the back of the cylinder head.

well no idea why I've typed all this but just want ur opnions probably I'll go nuts after work trying to find out what's wrong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-14-2008, 12:40 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: another overheating bike

Have you tried adding water wetter? i was advised by the guy i bought mine from to do this cause he said he had the same problem before he started using it
post #3 of 3 Old 08-14-2008, 4:56 PM

Reputation Power: 12

Re: another overheating bike

I would say use water wetter at the very least. You need something to up the boiling temp of your coolant, the overflowing could be caused by your coolant boiling and making pressure, forcing some of it out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page