Looking for 929 rear hugger - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 08-17-2008, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 19

Looking for 929 rear hugger

Hey all, it has been a long time since i posted on fireblades. Not sure anyone I used to know remembers me. For those that do, I still have my 929. I hadn't ridden it in about 2 yrs. I converted it back to street bike and have been enjoying riding it on the street. It is still an excellent machine!

I had a brief fling with a Kawasaki Z1000 for the last 4 yrs but in the end, no matter what I did or how much I spent, I could not get it to handle or stop like the 929... not even close. I was able to improve it but I noticed after riding 929 yesterday, Z is not even close in the handling dept.

Now that I am riding 929 on street, I am looking for a rear fender / hugger to keep ohlins shock out of direct path of stuff flying off rear wheel. A lot of them have integrated chain guard as I recall. Some did not look so great with these giant chain guard additions but I think they needed chain guard attachment points to secure hugger to rear swing arm. At this point I should look at what ever is available. This bike is 8 yrs old now and I am not sure anyone even still makes parts for it or has any leftovers in inventory. I checked the classifieds on this forum but can't find any still available.

The way this forum is organized has changed a lot. The parts for sale for all models are lumped together in one discussion group. Then the aftermarket parts discussion group seems to be for reviews only again for all model bikes.

Where do I post that I am looking for a rear hugger? In this Fireblades discussion group or in the for sale one?

Back in the day, this whole site was about the Fireblade and that was it!

Rydman
2000 CBR929RR Red n White
Ohlins forks, shock, damper; Attack rr sets; Remus exh and whatever else i can't remember!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-17-2008, 12:25 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: Looking for 929 rear hugger

Hi rydman!
I have the same year and model! also had a job getting a decent one, but in the end went for new one.
From: Skidmarx UK Ltd - Motorcycle Road & Track Bodywork, Screens, Huggers, Fairings, Belly Pans, Mudguards, Undertrays, Accessories
first class fit and good quality! have a look at my Gallery see what you think?
Best Regards.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-17-2008, 4:39 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

Hey Stewart! Where the hell have you been hiding?! Some of us are still hanging around here but most of the familiar faces are now at another site (PM me for link). We've missed you at our annual Grattan event. Glad to hear you still have your 929...I still have mine and love it.

I've got a carbon fiber hugger I bought from CBR929RE here on Fireblades but never installed it. It's yours for $125 shipped if you want it.
Attached Thumbnails
CIMG0867 (Large).JPG‎   CIMG0868 (Large).JPG‎  

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 08-18-2008, 9:32 AM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 19

Red Rider!

How are you? I was wondering if you were still around seeing as you are forum moderator. Great to hear from you! Did they have a fireblades.org at Grattan this year? If I go next year, I may have to join the novice group! LOL!

Hugger looks sweet! I'll PM you.

PS how do you get those cool little Grattan graphics under your Avatar? I need an 04 and an 05!
post #5 of 6 Old 08-18-2008, 3:53 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydman View Post
PS how do you get those cool little Grattan graphics under your Avatar? I need an 04 and an 05!
I added them. Try logging out of the forum and then back in to see if they appear. You may need to refresh (F5) too...

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

post #6 of 6 Old 06-05-2009, 2:50 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Also looking for a rear hugger for my '00 929RR, preferably carbon fiber. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page