Sold the bike - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 11-16-2003, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Sold the bike

I sold the bike yesterday to a guy in Dallas . *Kind of a funny story, here goes:

I got to his house around 7:30pm or so last night. *We unloaded the bike outta the truck with no problems, and he began to look it over. *He gave me the usual 'hey, nice bike' comment and started it up. *He didn't even give it 10 seconds to warm up before he started blipping the throttle. *(It may or may not be bad to do that, but I dont make a habit of it.) *He proceeds to straddle the bike and says, 'Gonna see how this baby rides!' *He's wearing a t-shirt, jeans, and running shoes. *I stop him and say, 'Hey bud, how about a helmet?'
'Naw, just gonna take it around the block. *I've been riding for a long time, I'll be alright.'
(I think to myself, he just jinxed the whole night)
'Ok, how about you let me hold the cash while you take it for a ride?'
'What for, I'm gonna buy it as long as it runs good. *And you say it runs good, right?'
'Yeah, it runs good. *But thats not what I'm worried about. *I don't know you, and honestly, I don't trust you. *And the fact that you aren't wearing ANY gear kinda worries me.'
'Oh, ok. *Well how about I give you my driver's license?'
'No. *You do that if you're gonna drive a car or something. *It's easy to do alot of damage in hurry on a bike, and I haven't even SEEN any cash yet.'
'OK man, whatever. *You drove a long way to bring me this bike, I GUESS so.'

So he went inside and came back with half the money for the bike, which was fair, because I still kept the title. *But he ALSO came out wearing a helmet, jacket and gloves. *I pushed the bike out to the curb for him and had it running to let it warm up. *He got on, gunned the engine a few times, and kicked it in gear. *The bike died. *You guessed it, kickstand still down. *He hit the kill switch, put it in 2nd gear, eventually found nuetral, and still couldn't start it. *He then turned the kill switch back to 'run' and started it up. *He managed to find first gear again, revved it to about 3 grand and slowly let the clutch out and dragged his feet down the street. *I couldn't BEAR to watch. *He wobbled through the stopsign, accelerated throught the corner and dissappered. *I jokingly said to my friend, 'We are probably the last people to EVER seen that man alive.' *

He came back a few minutes later, drooling and with his eyes about to pop out of his skull, and mumbled something to the effect of 'Wow, that thing is really jumpy between 1 and 3 thousand rpm!'

We exchanged cash and the title, and I drove away. *I really don't miss the bike yet, but I have become REALLY attached to this wad of cash that burned a hole in the pocket of my jeans! *I'm gonna sell all my gear, look for it in the classifieds tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 11-16-2003, 1:23 AM

Oh that's so sad. You got rid of your bike and now this neanderthal has it and will never appreciate it for what it is.
post #3 of 16 Old 11-16-2003, 1:40 AM

SOunds like a good crashed track bike will be in the papers soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 11-16-2003, 1:55 AM Thread Starter

Yeah no kiddin' guys, I'll let you know if I hear anything!
post #5 of 16 Old 11-16-2003, 6:40 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22

So, you gonna buy it back for 20 cent sin the dollar with some cosmetic damage?

Z...

You're f%#&king up my Chi...
post #6 of 16 Old 11-16-2003, 10:57 AM

Reputation Power: 17

He's been riding for a long time, but he didn't tell you that it was on a scooter! A liter class bike is not for the beginner. I have been riding nonstop for over 2 years and couldn't ever fathom the thought of a liter class bike until this year. Oh well, I wish him much luck and a speedy recovery!
post #7 of 16 Old 11-16-2003, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

He said he had owned a 1993 Katana 600 before. *And there was a Ninja 600 sitting in the garage. *He was so confident on my bike, it was SCARY.
post #8 of 16 Old 11-16-2003, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Stretch : He came back a few minutes later, drooling and with his eyes about to pop out of his skull, and mumbled something to the effect of 'Wow, that thing is really jumpy between 1 and 3 thousand rpm!'
Wait till he gets it up between 8 and 10 k...
post #9 of 16 Old 11-16-2003, 1:21 PM Thread Starter

No kiddin, I told him, 'that thing comes alive around 6 thousand!'
post #10 of 16 Old 11-16-2003, 2:25 PM

Reputation Power: 22

Thats why when I sold my bike and they wasnted to test ride it it was either cash in hand, No ride, or I take you for a ride.

Life is Good, Life is Great
post #11 of 16 Old 11-17-2003, 11:09 AM

Great story Stretch! I've seen these types of goofballs.

Went to the DMV to watch how the course was laid out for my motorcycle test. I watch this kid come flying into the parking lot and attempt a sad stoppie - maybe 1' off the ground. Jeans and T-shirt and helmet. I noticed huge rash on fairings. Anyway, he goes to do the cones and puts his foot down once, then twice, then DUMPS it. So he's told to come back again and he flys out of there (to impress or embarrassed? ). So, I go for mine the next week and I'm first in line (came extra early) and here comes goofball again. Attempts his sad stoppie and this time just about drops it (doing everything in his power to keep it from touching down). He asked/insisted that he go first (since he's been there before and wants to get this over with). Whatever, I felt sort of embarrased for him but he was so arrogant. So off he goes for the cone test and it's not looking good - foot goes down once, twice, then...he over revs it (like redline! ) and he's freaking out and the bike gets away from him and dumps it on the ground (yellow/black 929 btw). Smoke is everywhere and DMV person finally gets to him and releases the throttle. He gets up, composes himself and speeds off once again. He'll be back!
post #12 of 16 Old 11-17-2003, 11:31 AM

Quote:
SuperDave : Great story Stretch! *I've seen these types of goofballs.

Went to the DMV to watch how the course was laid out for my motorcycle test. *I watch this kid come flying into the parking lot and attempt a sad stoppie - maybe 1' off the ground. *Jeans and T-shirt and helmet. *I noticed huge rash on fairings. *Anyway, he goes to do the cones and puts his foot down once, then twice, then DUMPS it. *So he's told to come back again and he flys out of there (to impress or embarrassed? ). *So, I go for mine the next week and I'm first in line (came extra early) and here comes goofball again. *Attempts his sad stoppie and this time just about drops it (doing everything in his power to keep it from touching down). *He asked/insisted that he go first (since he's been there before and wants to get this over with). *Whatever, I felt sort of embarrased for him but he was so arrogant. *So off he goes for the cone test and it's not looking good - foot goes down once, twice, then...he over revs it (like redline! ) and he's freaking out and the bike gets away from him and dumps it on the ground (yellow/black 929 btw). *Smoke is everywhere and DMV person finally gets to him and releases the throttle. *He gets up, composes himself and speeds off once again. *He'll be back!
That guy should be banned for life. If you've got a cop buddy you should take him down there to see this idiot's antics
post #13 of 16 Old 11-17-2003, 11:32 AM

SuperDave, your story makes me think there should be some kind of 'three strikes you're out' rule with that test.
The scariest part is that despite his displays in the DMV parking lot, he's still out there riding around on the streets!
post #14 of 16 Old 11-17-2003, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Somewhat along the lines of SuperDave's story - old cager.
Can we please get a change on all licensing rules?
post #15 of 16 Old 11-17-2003, 12:54 PM

Reputation Power: 50

at SD's story. When I went to take my test, as I was pulling out of my driveway I saw this kid on a blue R6 w/ temptags in jeans, tight velvet muscle shirt and helmet attached to the rear of the bike riding past my house. I had some stuff to do, then got up to the DMV. Whaddya know, the kid with the R6 was there, and it was his turn next. He was acting all cool and such, right up until the point where he almost dropped his bike and they told him to go home and practice some more

ST: Ohio does have such a rule. IIRC, you get to take your test 4x. If you don't pass, I think you lose your temps for a year, then when you get your temps back you gotta wait a year before you can go for your endorsement. They might have changed this by now, but this is what I was told when I took mine a few years back

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page