ELECTRIC QUESTION BOUT 929 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 09-14-2008, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

ELECTRIC QUESTION BOUT 929

hi
I have a 929 and i have a fi code 35 which concerns my servo motor .

i have the service manual and have checked to see that the servo works off the battery and it does so i know that the motor is good
so i have just checked the voltage resistance where it says to,
and it says that the standard should read 5 ohlms and my reading is 4.57 ohlms.
My question is,
would this be the cause of my problem, considering that it is so close to 5 ohlms i wouldnt have thought it would make that much difference?

If this is the prob anyone got a working spare servo motor?

cheers in advance and sorry for the rambling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-14-2008, 4:49 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Re: ELECTRIC QUESTION BOUT 929

The servo motor itself is usually okay. It's the gearbox on it that strips.
It usually strips because the exhaust valve gets jammed up so be sure everything is working before you connect a new servo or it'll strip again.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #3 of 9 Old 09-23-2008, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

the gears are not stripped as i have taken it apart and inspected it, when i run it off the battery to test that the servo works, everything turns as it should, but when i hook it up to the bike and turn the bike on, the servo doesn't turn.
I have heard that it can be due to the servo not being in the right position to start with but i am not sure
any advise anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 09-23-2008, 1:52 PM
Global Moderator

When you are connecting the servo to the battery is it still connected to the HTEV?

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #5 of 9 Old 09-29-2008, 7:29 AM

Reputation Power: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo589 View Post
the gears are not stripped as i have taken it apart and inspected it, when i run it off the battery to test that the servo works, everything turns as it should, but when i hook it up to the bike and turn the bike on, the servo doesn't turn.
I have heard that it can be due to the servo not being in the right position to start with but i am not sure
any advise anyone?
Yeah sometimes they are just moved out of there original position when someone is working on the bike. You need to keep shifting it around and you will find the sweet spot that will turn the FI light off.

Mine has the 35 all the time, but my servo is completely MIA
post #6 of 9 Old 09-30-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughneckin View Post
Mine has the 35 all the time, but my servo is completely MIA
So are you saying that the bike will run without the servo motor attached? You are right about finding the sweet spot to get it to run. Any info would be of interest
post #7 of 9 Old 09-30-2008, 10:54 PM
Global Moderator

Yes, it runs just fine without the servo motor.
He means the sweet spot to turn off the error light.

post #8 of 9 Old 09-30-2008, 11:11 PM

I recently purchased a hetv eliminater for my 929 race bike, the paper work said that without the servo motor connected, and in the right position it wont run I'm in the process of fitting an american loom and ecu as it came to me without a key. Its driving me mad Interesting that it will infact run without it as I wish to obviously ditch it to save on space and weight. Might have some more questions for you as time goes on
post #9 of 9 Old 10-01-2008, 12:02 AM
Global Moderator

In that case, the instructions are wrong.
If you want to save weight ditch the ignition as well :-)
For a racebike I wouldn't have bothered with the eliminator as you only use the top part of the tach anyway so you can just leave the HTEV in the 8000+ position if you don't want to spend the money for a full system. If you're using the sub-8000rpm range without having it re-mapped to suit it I'd actually recommend keeping the HTEV and servo as I found the loss of midrange is quite noticeable.
The HTEV weighs 1260gms and dumping the servo motor and cables saves another 460gms. What does the eliminator weigh? I assume you re-use the HTEV gaskets which are 34gms. The Ti bolts are nice but SS domed socket heads are a third lighter :-)
I got my full titanium Akrapovic system from a member here for under A$800 including airfreight from Canada - thanks again Squeeze!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page