Future Fireblade Owner..Maybe - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 09-14-2008, 4:27 PM Thread Starter
Los

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Future Fireblade Owner..Maybe

Hi, fairly new to this forum and just had a quick question that Ive been trying to get a solid answer on...A buddy of mine at work has an 06' CBR 1000 hes trying to get rid of in a hurry due to some financial issues on his end..Its got right at 5k miles on it, was serviced at 4k miles he says.Never been dropped in any way..Also has a Hotbodies dark smoke screen and a two brothers exhaust. From the looks of it, it probably needs new tires as well, though he says he thinks they are ok. He is willing to let this thing go to me for 6,500$..From the bit of research Ive done this seems to be a fairly damn good deal! Just wondering what others may think, thanks for any input you are able to give.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-14-2008, 5:25 PM

Re: Future Fireblade Owner..Maybe

if he has financial problems you need to check its hpi clear or at least get proof that he is paying the bike off.
other than that its a stonking deal works out about £4500 pounds over here in the uk
if its been serviced he should have paperwork to show it if you do get it do yourself a favour and do an oil change straight away you never can be to sure hope this helps
post #3 of 9 Old 09-15-2008, 4:06 PM

Reputation Power: 12

If it is a buddy of yours i assume you trust him on what he says. Very good deal on the bike, but definitely NOT a beginner bike or something that you should learn to ride on. If you have a bike/ know how to ride, then great, go for it. If this would be your first, either don't buy it at all for fear of death, or buy it and then get a 250/500/600 to learn on. My $.02
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 09-15-2008, 8:22 PM

Reputation Power: 291

Send a message via MSN to setanta

Last bike was an 06 great bike and the price you quote is really good, nice and flippy. Is this your first bike, if so I personally wouldnt recommend it, its a beast, its forgiving yes but only if you have the experience? So as far as a deal its a good one, if you have no experrience buy and sell it for a profit.

Irish's Blog Page
Hate this Skin
Assalam-o-Alaikum
post #5 of 9 Old 09-15-2008, 9:38 PM Thread Starter
Los

Sweet, all this info is good to hear. It wouldnt be my first bike, Ive got an 06' 650r that Ive had for about a year and a half now and have put about 8k miles on it. I have been wanting to step up a tad and have taken the bike in question for several short trips..I must say I absolutely fell in love with it during those rides. Not sure exactly how its going to pan out yet, but I know which way Im leaning...
post #6 of 9 Old 09-16-2008, 12:57 AM

Kelly Blue Book value

2006 Honda CBR1000RR Value

September 15, 2008

4-Cylinder
4-Stroke
998cc
Trade-In Value (Good Condition)
$5610

Trade-in Value is what consumers can expect to receive from a dealer for a trade-in unit assuming an accurate appraisal of condition. This value will likely be less than you would receive from a private party sale because the reselling dealer incurs the cost of safety inspections, reconditioning and other costs of doing business. Trade-in values are based on clean units in good condition, with all original standard equipment. Mileage/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown above.

Just a so so deal around here in California. Maybe they are more where you are.
post #7 of 9 Old 09-16-2008, 1:43 AM

Reputation Power: 16

it's a good deal.. KBB means absolutely nothing when it comes to private sales.. i see 03 954's go for 6500.. mileage doesn't really matter either, but you're in good shape all the way around on it if it's clean.. take the deal if you can..
post #8 of 9 Old 09-16-2008, 2:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldavis View Post
it's a good deal.. KBB means absolutely nothing when it comes to private sales.. i see 03 954's go for 6500.. mileage doesn't really matter either, but you're in good shape all the way around on it if it's clean.. take the deal if you can..
Maybe your right.... I just bought an 03 954 with 6,400 miles on it for $4,000. Not salvage, new tires, no mechanical or body problems.

Rick
post #9 of 9 Old 09-16-2008, 2:41 PM

Reputation Power: 16

that's a good deal Rick.. i got my 06 for 6500, but i would have been willing to pay 7 or better.. there are deals to be found, you just gotta look..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page