Failure To Start CBR1000RR 2007 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 09-14-2008, 8:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Failure To Start CBR1000RR 2007

Currently I ride a 07 CBR1000rr.
Went for a good ride today with friends. Easily a 2 hr expedition. Few stops along the way; all good.
We got home and about 20 minutes later decided to take the bikes and go grab something to eat... and hit up the liquor store for later.
So we get to the liquor store. Throw it in a backpack and proceed to go... or not. Bike won't start. Turns over, everything looks ok but just keeps turning over with no cylinders firing.
Switched the kill switch back and forth a few times, nogo, made sure the kickstand switch had no issues and put it in neutral. Still nothing. Waited for about 15 minutes. It started back up and no issues at all. Ran strong all the way home. Got home and had the exact same issue. As of right now it seems to be starting but it's ticking me off...

So what I have concluded...

Its not the kickstand switch. Issues still present in neutral.
Its not the kill switch. With the kill switch on the tach shows the red engine light. I flip it and it goes away. It seems to be working from what I can tell. Also, when i turn ignition on with the switch i can hear the fuel pump prime.
I thought that it might be the bank angle sensor; I was able to rule this out because when it is giving the issues; after cracking on it for awhile you can smell gas. From my understanding the bank angle sensor will kill gas flow once tripped
Since we can smell gas after cranking it; and we can hear the fuel pump prime when i hit the ignition; I think thats all working good.
Just doesn't seem to be getting spark.
I checked all fuses, reseated most if not all of the main connections... harnesses ect.
As of right now everything is working... but I dont' think i have fixed it.
Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-02-2012, 4:57 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to nitinanand
Re: Failure To Start CBR1000RR 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoard View Post
Currently I ride a 07 CBR1000rr.
Went for a good ride today with friends. Easily a 2 hr expedition. Few stops along the way; all good.
We got home and about 20 minutes later decided to take the bikes and go grab something to eat... and hit up the liquor store for later.
So we get to the liquor store. Throw it in a backpack and proceed to go... or not. Bike won't start. Turns over, everything looks ok but just keeps turning over with no cylinders firing.
Switched the kill switch back and forth a few times, nogo, made sure the kickstand switch had no issues and put it in neutral. Still nothing. Waited for about 15 minutes. It started back up and no issues at all. Ran strong all the way home. Got home and had the exact same issue. As of right now it seems to be starting but it's ticking me off...

So what I have concluded...

Its not the kickstand switch. Issues still present in neutral.
Its not the kill switch. With the kill switch on the tach shows the red engine light. I flip it and it goes away. It seems to be working from what I can tell. Also, when i turn ignition on with the switch i can hear the fuel pump prime.
I thought that it might be the bank angle sensor; I was able to rule this out because when it is giving the issues; after cracking on it for awhile you can smell gas. From my understanding the bank angle sensor will kill gas flow once tripped
Since we can smell gas after cranking it; and we can hear the fuel pump prime when i hit the ignition; I think thats all working good.
Just doesn't seem to be getting spark.
I checked all fuses, reseated most if not all of the main connections... harnesses ect.
As of right now everything is working... but I dont' think i have fixed it.
Any ideas?

Hi Hoard,

I have Similar issue now with my blade 07. what were your finds? What I am thinking is this issue is related to fuel pump because while riding its start to miss and when I kill the ignition switch and switch it on it starts working. please help

Nitin (India)

Love my Fireblade
post #3 of 5 Old 11-02-2012, 5:22 AM

Reputation Power: 28

Have you checked the battery and charging system?

Anyone can drive a fast bike, few can drive a bike fast!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 11-02-2012, 5:49 AM

Reputation Power: 113

Checked the fuel pressure regulator also?

If the bike isn't braking properly, you don't start by rebuilding the engine.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-02-2012, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

My issue ended up being the crankshaft position sensor. Fairly cheap and easy fix once I figured out what it was.
Your issue does sound different though. My bike; once started, would run like a champ. It just would refuse to start after it got hot.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page