High mount exhaust options for 929? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 10-03-2008, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 12

High mount exhaust options for 929?

I currently have a Yana Shiki slip on exhaust. It has great sound, but isn't the most appealing looking. I have always loved the look of the high mount exhaust, but haven't seen many options for our bikes. My girl hardly rides with me so i'd like to keep the rear foot pegs if possible. I understand I may need to space them out to make enough room though...

Anyone have any custom high mounts exhausts they've done? I'm worried about losing power as well with the wrong bends. I'm assuming you could cut it, put a 45 angle up, use the same size pipe come up, and another 45 out to move the exhaust up. Probably weld everything, then use black header wrap to clean it up (assuming the welds wouldn't be perfect or match the same color as the exhaust)

anyone wanna chime in and help me out?

*don't mind the photoshopped black frame-- in the process of painting it and wanted to see what it would look like
Attached Thumbnails
blakc-frame.jpg‎  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-03-2008, 11:15 AM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

Re: High mount exhaust options for 929?

Check out...

Exhaust Products - Honda CBR 929/954

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

post #3 of 4 Old 10-03-2008, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 12

niiice! thanks man-- now only to sell my slip on haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-03-2008, 6:28 PM

Reputation Power: 14

Send a message via MSN to shakey1378

make sure you get a exhaust before you sell your slip-on most systems for the 929 are discontinued. i ran into this recently i just upgraded to a full system and i found a deal on arrow comp race mount system on ebay, basically i got lucky. check with hardracing i think m4 still makes a highmount and a lowmount full system. if you go with a devil exhaust make sure you get the hass eliminator unless your not concerned with power then it dont matter...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page