50W HID's - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 10-05-2008, 3:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

50W HID's

I am looking into getting HID headlights on my 2008 1000rr. I would like to go with something that is 50w but besides 50W Double HID Headlight Upgrade Kit with Compact Ballast [50whiddoublekit] - $270.00 : LiteEyes.com, Advanced Lighting Manufacturer I cannot find another manufacturer who makes them. The reason I won't buy from this company is because there are reports on several other forums of people ordering and never receiving the product. Does anyone know of another company that makes 50w hid's? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25

Re: 50W HID's

You do not want to buy from them. They had a GB on several other sites and most of the people never got their kits. The company lied when they would ship and then changed the date several times. The people that did get the kits didn't get their complete order. They were also a site sponsor of those several sites and they are no longer a site sponsor because of the lack of communication and people getting what they ordered. People would send emails and hear nothing and their phone lines were always busy.

There are not many companies that offer 50w kits and the ones that do usually either drive the ballast too much or don't use 50w bulbs. The other 50w kits have a ballast that is much larger than the 35w kits.
post #3 of 8 Old 10-05-2008, 2:16 PM

I have 35w HID conversion on my 954 and it's more than enough. I did a night ride from Manchester to Dundee (320miles) in the rain and never got tired eyes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 10-06-2008, 9:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanbrown View Post
You do not want to buy from them. They had a GB on several other sites and most of the people never got their kits. The company lied when they would ship and then changed the date several times. The people that did get the kits didn't get their complete order. They were also a site sponsor of those several sites and they are no longer a site sponsor because of the lack of communication and people getting what they ordered. People would send emails and hear nothing and their phone lines were always busy.

There are not many companies that offer 50w kits and the ones that do usually either drive the ballast too much or don't use 50w bulbs. The other 50w kits have a ballast that is much larger than the 35w kits.
That is what I have been hearing about them. Oh well I have to wait on the purchase anyway due to the fact that a woman on a cell so elequently made a left turn into my path this morning on my way to work. and as I was sliding accross the ground she decided to take off. I don't have collision so I have a feeling I am going to be making a large parts purchase.
post #5 of 8 Old 10-06-2008, 11:24 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25

Ouch. Sorry to hear that; hope you are ok though.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-07-2008, 3:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanbrown View Post
Ouch. Sorry to hear that; hope you are ok though.
My ribs and hips are bruised but other than that i faired very well. No road rash. My gear definitly saved me.
post #7 of 8 Old 10-09-2008, 6:50 AM

I have a 35W Slim HID kit in my CBR1000RR8. Those don't dazzle oncoming traffic too much in the dark . There is lot's of white light to illuminate whole road and roadside. Low beam is wery impressive. High beam is not that good. 4300k is the best color temp if you wan't best light quality and strenght.

I'm ordered many kit's from this seller. Wery fast delivery to the Europe.
MD02 HID Kit (Slim) : ManyADeal.com, Buy Smart
post #8 of 8 Old 10-09-2008, 8:11 AM

It seems like no matter what kind of lights you have on your bike people on cell phones can't fight the temptation to cut bikes off.

I hope you get your bike back together soon.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page