How is the 08 on the track? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 11-17-2008, 8:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

How is the 08 on the track?

I would love to get some "real" info on how the 08 CBR1000RR is on the track. What you like, what you dislike, what needs to be done to it to make it better and what you have done to yours. Pics of your track/race prepared bike would be great to see too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-17-2008, 11:16 PM

Re: How is the 08 on the track?

hi, im from manila philippines. I recently got the 08cbr and have been loving it on da back roads. took it at at rackday last week and it waz awesome, changed my suspension setting to cycleworld seeting, it waz harsh and bumpy. So took it back to stock setting and added half a turn in rebound n damping and it perfomed welllllll.........
post #3 of 8 Old 11-18-2008, 12:08 AM

Reputation Power: 37

just make sure you suspension is properly set then just hold on and grab alot of throttle.. The bike is at its best on the track in every aspect and IMHO its the best on the track, hands down when compared to of all the other 08 brands ..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 11-18-2008, 7:27 AM

I took it to a short local track and it's awesome, stock settings are too soft for my style, I was just wobbling around as the bike was only a month old and ended up screwing the rear tyre, so i've gone to the cycleworld settings, but softened the rear abit as it was too harsh for me.
Be aware though you will catch nearly every bike on the straights so try not to panic brake into the corners as you come up too quick behind someone.
post #5 of 8 Old 11-18-2008, 8:28 AM

Did a track day one week after purchase 1000 miles on bike, I weight 140 lb. the stock setting for sag was not far off (surprizingly)front dead on, rear 2 clicks down, comp/reb. were within a 1/4 to 1/2,turn to soft on all, this is really surprizing as I have owned many Hondas and the front is usally to soft and the rear to hard, on the street this setting could use the rebound to slow down just abit but is managable, now the stock bridgestone (bto15) were ok took a little too long to heat up and never did get hot enough but it was a 80 degree day and cloudy, I just put Pirelli Corsa three on, it world of diffrence, so here is the set up.
Front pre load 6 turns out from counter clockwise.
Front rebound(small top screw)1-3/4 turns out from clockwise
Front compression(small bottom screw)2-1/4 turns out from clockwise
Rear preload 2 up from lowest setting
Rear rebound(small lower screw)2-3/8 out from clockwise
Rear compression(small upper screw)1-3/4 out from clockwise.
I like this setting, you may want to raise the rear pre load 1 up for exact sag.
I may slow down the rear rebound 1/4 turn. Hope this helps.
post #6 of 8 Old 11-18-2008, 1:35 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the great info. What is the cycle world setting? Does anyone have a link?
post #7 of 8 Old 11-18-2008, 5:06 PM

Reputation Power: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trio View Post
Thanks for the great info. What is the cycle world setting? Does anyone have a link?
I don't have the CW settings but the RoadRacingWorld settings are as follows (4 very experienced racers with an avg. rider weight of 174 lbs.):

Forks
reb. damping: 1.75 turns out from hard
comp. daming: 2.0 turns out from hard
spring preload: maximum
fork drop: 3.5 mm below triple clamp

Shock
reb. damping: 1.0 turn out from hard
comp. damping: 0.25 turn out from hard
spring preload: position 5 of 8
post #8 of 8 Old 11-21-2008, 9:16 AM

Hi mate,
Took my 08 Blade to Donington this year. I weigh 14.5 stone (probably 200lbs) and the only change I made was to drop tyre pressure to 28 front, 33 back.

It held the track well and was really stable through Craner Curves (I'm was in the intermediate group so I know how to get it around without embarrassing myself, doing 1 min 50 sec laps). In fact it was so stable I got my knee down pretty much anywhere I wanted - but that is as much due to the tyres (Bridgestones) as the bikes suspension.

The only area that probably needed help was that front dropped too much under heavy braking - it was on stock settings so not unduly surprised. That said the breaks themselves were fine with no fade after 20 min session.

I thought it was so good that I suggested to the wife that I get another one just for the track, thinking that I'd get a big fat 'NO' from her, but guess what... she AGREED.

I must admit that the tyres were 'well worn' afterwards but so what.. That's what a tyre is made for..

Keep it shiny side up

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page