Blue intrument LED - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 11-23-2008, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Blue intrument LED

I've currently got the instrument cluster out of my 954 but can not work out how it can be changed to blue LED's. Has anybody got a fitting guide or done this themselves and can advise me? I'm in Brisbane, Australia and all the adds I have seen for companies that do this are in the US, anybody know of companies here that either do this sort of thing or sell the stuff to do it?
And how does the rev dial come off, just pull it? (haven't tried yet as I don't want to break anything).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-23-2008, 10:43 PM

Re: Blue intrument LED

I took mine apart to do the swap, and if you arent an electronics genius dont try it....you have to unsolder the cussent led's and then resolder the new ones....doesnt sound hard as I can solder, but the wires are about the size of a strand of hair.........taking it all apart isnt the hard part its actually swapping out the LED's.......I found a guy here in houston to do it for me for 30 bucks, so I suggest you do the same
post #3 of 3 Old 11-23-2008, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

Re: Blue intrument LED

Cheers for that, makes plenty of sense now. Back to the net I guess to find someone in Australia that does this sort of thing.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page