New clip-ons - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 11-25-2003, 9:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 24

Send a message via AIM to ReaperAZ Send a message via MSN to ReaperAZ Send a message via Yahoo to ReaperAZ
New clip-ons

Couldn't figure out where to put this so here goes. I'm lookin for a set of clip-ons that are just a bit lower then my stock 954. My friend Keith has some on his 929 that are just WAY to low....feels like a three inch drop. Now he has lost his parking lot turning radius and every time he turns the bars the horn and starter hit the ram air shrouds. I have been looking at the Harris and was wondering what you guys and gals may be using.

Dano

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-25-2003, 9:33 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: New clip-ons

When I was looking for the same for my 929, everything I looked at caused clearance problems, as the drop was on the order of 2-3 inches. If you're just looking for a little drop, you could just slide your stock clip-ons down the tubes a bit.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-25-2003, 3:43 PM

You will loose some turning radius with real clipons. The fix is to put small screws in the stops on the tripple. You won't gain any turning radius but you won't smash your thumbs in a slapper.

I don't reccommend them unless you a heavy track rider. But if you are.... you'll wonder how you went around the track with out'em!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 11-25-2003, 3:53 PM

Clip ons

I put clip ons on my 954. And yes, I had to remove the ram air covers to accomodate them - otherwise I couldn't turn. I have no other clearance issues though, and I am very happy with the clip ons.
Like Pete said, most clip ons for these bikes will be in the 2-3" drop range. Mine (Pro-Flo) are 3" lower than stock.
A friend of mine has the Harris ones you're probably looking at. They are raised up a bit from a standard clip on. He has full turning radius with his, and he didn't have to remove his ram air covers. I think these Harris ones are only 1" lower than stock.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-25-2003, 4:38 PM

Sato makes a nice improved copy of the PVM design that I have. You can alter the drop by rotating the bar which has the end machined at an angle. It's a pretty trick set-up.

Dan Kyle has them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page