0810R all the Flap about "Flappers" - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 11-26-2008, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

0810R all the Flap about "Flappers"

Having bought my first litre bike I have been looking for all the info I can find,my search brought me here and a few others. Ok having said that I am writing this in hopes that someone can pull all this together for me and all who cares. First just how many flappers are there in the exhaust? I have seen as many as three, I will detail as follows. 1- the servo controll flapper, I will spend no time here as I think all know about this one. 2-spring flapper, this one I know little about but using a flashlite looking down the bottom of the large exhaust tube you can see it and it corosponds to a welded stud you can see from the backside, this one was refred to by a "Mod" thread as someone cut out the stud,welded the flapper and welded a washer and bolt to reseal the hole.3-there is refreance to third one that is not reachable by sight but is the same as number 2 and can be located by the same welded stud and use the same procedure.

Now today I saw a thread on 1000RR.net. It was refering to a vacum controll flapper,the vacume pod is in the front of the bike near the ram air tube and the spring and tube are in the ram air tube.the fix was remove vacume pod and diconnect and remove the spring and this will keep the flapper open, now wich damn flapper is this one work on ? is it in the exhaust or is there a flapper in the air box ??. so is there a oxegen sensor of any type on this bike and if so were is it?,I have heard there is not one and this system is a hybrid catalist muffler combination. Im sure ther is some one who can answer all this, pleas put it all in one thread for all to refrence. Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-26-2008, 12:20 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25

Re: 0810R all the Flap about "Flappers"

Just do the flapper for the air box.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-26-2008, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Wow Thanks for clearing it all up for me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 11-26-2008, 4:23 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25

Then use the search feature; been asked and been answered.
post #5 of 6 Old 11-26-2008, 4:33 PM Thread Starter

Your a nice guy............................................... .....?
post #6 of 6 Old 11-26-2008, 5:44 PM

Reputation Power: 12

Want to get rid of the flappers? Do the flapper mod for the air intake (as detailed on 1000rr.net) and get a slip-on exhaust.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page