Can I or how do I hook up heated gloves, vests to the fireblade? (is there an outlet) - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 12-28-2008, 1:36 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 11

Can I or how do I hook up heated gloves, vests to the fireblade? (is there an outlet)

Ok. So I have discovered that riding my motorcycle in December is very cold. I see all these fancy heated gloves and vests that I see the Harley guys, Goldwing guys, and BMW RT guys seem to be wearing. My question is can I use any of that stuff on the CBR 1000RR? I don't see any electrical outlets on the bike that this stuff would attach too. Could I add an outlet? Is it expensive, or hard? thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-28-2008, 1:39 AM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to WyoJames Send a message via MSN to WyoJames
Re: Can I or how do I hook up heated gloves, vests to the fireblade? (is there an out

a lot of the heating stuff is batter op. but yes, you can add a dc outlet to ur bike
post #3 of 7 Old 12-29-2008, 10:19 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: Can I or how do I hook up heated gloves, vests to the fireblade? (is there an out

I have some Widder Electric stuff (gloves, vest and chaps) that I bought in December of 2004. They were carried at cycle gear and the outlet was sold there as well. They even had in-line thermostats. I don't know if you can still get them, but the install was simply attaching the pig-tail to the battery posts.

I used to use the hell out of them, but I don't have the luxury of riding to work any more, so I only use them every once in a while.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 12-29-2008, 10:32 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 25

Welcome to Widder Enterprises

Still sold:
Welcome to Widder Enterprises - Hookups
post #5 of 7 Old 12-30-2008, 12:14 AM

Reputation Power: 13

no socket but power is easy tapped from the brake light feed and switches on and off with ignition.
post #6 of 7 Old 12-30-2008, 12:26 AM

Reputation Power: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06CBR1KMFNRR View Post
I don't know if you can still get them, but the install was simply attaching the pig-tail to the battery posts.
does your gear have a male cig/accessory plug if so:
The quickest way to add that is to go to a auto parts store and get a adapter that is a female cigarette/accessory socket on one side and pos and neg battery clamps or ring terminals on the other, attach to battery and run it out from under the seat. That way you don't have to cut any factory wiring and you can simply pull it off in the Summer. You could even get fancy and change the end of a trickle charger to a male accessory plug (be sure polarity is correct) and use that to charge it up while it's sitting. But be warned these bikes have limited availability of extra juice so you may have problems trying to run more than one accessory at a time, especially when idleing.
post #7 of 7 Old 12-30-2008, 12:36 AM

Reputation Power: 0

I just hooked the pig tail from Widder straight to the battery posts and ran the end that attaches to the vest out from under the seat. When I'm not using it I tuck it into the passenger peg. It's almost invisible and it took 5 minutes. No worries about it turning off and on with the ignition because when I'm off of the bike there is no vest/gloves/chaps so the circuit is open. The pig tail is the female side of the connector, so there is no exposed wiring.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page