02' 954 mods - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 12-31-2008, 7:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

02' 954 mods

ok it's been a year since i bought it. time to do a few things here. looking at velocity stacks, filter, detentarm shift kit,ignition advancer. my question is im hearing of an air box mod. what would this involve? and what would be the best air filter to use? aslo thinking of a power commander and which one? i ride on the street. want to keep my drivability,but improve overall power. sometimes i do flog it threw the gears at redline. and top it out!!it has 8,000 miles,a harris titanium pipe. . any thoughts,suggestions ? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-31-2008, 9:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 13

Re: 02' 954 mods

The air box mod is just removing the plastic flapper that is hooked up to the servo motor via a cable. Just take the airbox cover off, disconnect the cable and unscrew the parts from the air box base. This is a very simple mod. I have a BMC race air filter with a full Two Bros. It runs great but filters are mostly personal preference I think. As for the power commander, go with the PCIII USB.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-01-2009, 8:06 AM

Reputation Power: 17

Send a message via Yahoo to sscottab

the air box mod is easy just push the flapper down and pin it under the air inlet tubes, I have found doing the suspension mods was the upgrades that made the most differance on these bikes, most of the upgrades where done on my bike when i bought it, i relized how much they help when i rode a friends 954 his had no upgrades on the suspension, my forks have been redone, resrpung and revalved by the original owner. the ohins damper is a must on these bikes or a damper of any kind is needed i put a ohins on mine and love it. my rear shock looks different then the other 945 i rode, mine has adjustments on the top and the bottom and his has a fixed bottom and with mine set up for my weight it keeps the bike very stable in the twisties and on the straights, you can go faster on a bike that handles better then you can on a bike that has more hp and does not handle as good.

when you are on a honda you are on the best
2002 CBR954RR
scott
www.itriderz.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 01-03-2009, 8:19 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 0

i set the sag on the front. help alot by doing that. and have been trying to tweak it a little more. it seems like it dives sharply into turns sometimes tho. what defference does doing away with the air box flapper acheive?
post #5 of 6 Old 01-03-2009, 8:54 PM
Global Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmotob View Post
what defference does doing away with the air box flapper acheive?
No difference at all. The flapper opens at 8000rpms so there's zero difference above that. Below that the flapper is closed which probably is more to reduce induction noise than anything else.

"I won't forget that ride for a while. Maybe you're right. Living fast might be worth the final crash. Maybe that's the secret you fliers know." - Flight of the Intruder
post #6 of 6 Old 01-04-2009, 4:59 AM

Reputation Power: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmotob View Post
i set the sag on the front. help alot by doing that. and have been trying to tweak it a little more. it seems like it dives sharply into turns sometimes tho. what defference does doing away with the air box flapper acheive?

I have pinned down mine. There is no difference in power, but the engine has lost some of the jerkiness low down.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page