Alternative Hugger For The 2008 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 01-02-2009, 5:07 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 41

Alternative Hugger For The 2008

Guys

You may have seen that I mentioned in another thread that I found a company called King Carbon - Carbon Fibre & Fibreglass - kingcarbon who make huggers for the new Blade.

I sent a mail asking for pictures of it fitted to a bike, as I know some non-OEM don't seem to fit very well. They have just got back to me as they initially didn't have any photos.

Seems to look pretty good, I just need to try and compare it to the OEM one. Although, TBF, there is no way I will ever buy an OEM carbon one at that price !!

The other option is to buy a black one off them and get some matching pearl white paint made up as I really wanted a colour coded one ( that the mighty HONDA Corp never managed to get to the market place ). Don't know if this would work out expensive or not, I have no idea of costs for paint matching, and I guess you would only need a small amount of paint. Would have some for stone chip touch-ups then though I suppose.

I mentioned to the guy that I would post the pictures and info on here as it may generate some interest. If any of you guys are interested, drop me a PM as I don't mind asking if they would do a multi-buy discount.

You don't ask you don't get.

Thoughts please gents ( and ladies ).

BTW..........Happy New Year and safe riding in 09.

Dave

http://www.awooga.org/images/ns0ubkf9vi0yyhb9c1fz.jpg

http://www.awooga.org/images/su1jdhkoetw576qyct35.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-02-2009, 5:17 AM

Reputation Power: 12

Re: Alternative Hugger For The 2008

The problem is the paint, the white paint has some sort of 'flick' in it. So not a standard white - I doubt Honda sell touch up? and if you painted it just gloss white I reckon you would notice real quick?

I bit the bullet on the OEM CF one, we know it fits, know it looks good - and well I couldn't be bothered with the hassle! - Roll on the 5th! (well I pick it up)

Good luck in your quest. - and happy 09 riding!

Regards

Richard
post #3 of 4 Old 01-02-2009, 5:51 AM Thread Starter

I think the problem is the pearl in the paint mate, although I know a really good body shop who said they can make it up with the correct manufacturer code ( which is under the seat )

I wouldn't mind the carbon one, then get some heel plates and a chain guard too. It has just got to fit right like the Honda one. The defining part is 318 for the Honda one, and 120 for this one.

Buys a lot of unleaded for playing in the summer !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-02-2009, 5:55 AM Thread Starter

Any body who really wants an OEM one, Kestrel Honda in Coventry have a new one for sale at a discounted price through fleabay. Still a bit steep though....

Genuine Honda CBR1000RR FireBlade Carbon Fibre Hugger on eBay, also Honda, Motorcycle Parts, Motorcycle Parts Accessories, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 17-Jan-09 15:50:05 GMT)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page