need help - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 01-06-2009, 6:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

need help

I finally got my blade. Its a long story... I got it at a good deal but I haven't heard it run. I get it home and try to start it and nothing happens. I mean nothing. I was told it had a bad battery, so I was not surprised. I buy a new one and charge it and nothing happens. I check the fuses, they are all good and still nothing happens. I can't find any kill switches to speak of. I don't know what to do. There are no lights nothing. THe bike is a 99 900. With 10,000 miles on it. It sat in a garage for about 2 years. It looks to be in good condition and the previous owner seemed to take good care of it. It has steel braided brake lines an ohlins damper. I just don't think it has been neglected. I could be wrong. But I don't know where to go from here. Please help!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-06-2009, 4:47 PM

Re: need help

do you get a buzz of the fuel pump working when you put the ignition on ? maybe the engine stop switch is broken if you aint getting a fule pump working and no ignition the chance is you have a bust stop switch or ignition switch could be shot try checking fule pump with a meter and switches make sure you got good connections as bad earths can do amazing things .
post #3 of 5 Old 01-06-2009, 4:55 PM

oh yeah but a bad earth wont give you no ignition at all just toclear that up befor people comment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-08-2009, 8:14 AM Thread Starter

Thank you mr. fireblade crazy for the reply. I do not hear the buzz of a fuel pump. I was told that the fuel is gravity fed and therefore I wont hear a buzz. I don't know if that is true or not. I did not realize that I had another fuse under the seat and that is what the problem was. Still can't get is started though. Now it turns over lights. I'm thinking maybe a tune up? I really appreciate the reply. I've learned alot from this forum. Thanx
post #5 of 5 Old 01-08-2009, 10:58 AM

must be a late blade if its gravity fed mate sorry i though i read some where 929

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page