Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Did 09 fireblade get 08 problems fixed?

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  curt248 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if Honda fixed the problems with the 08's (oil consumption, poor paint quality, white exhuast)?

#2 · (Edited)
How many miles are on your 08? Is your exhaust still black? Does your bike use any oil?

I glad to hear your paint is holding up.

I've been doing some research on the 08 and some motorcycle reviews have pointed out those same three problem areas on the 08's. It seems the oil problem is sporatic but an issue for more than a few. I've read somewhere that honda may have come out with a different gasket or part that may solve some of the oil issues.

I could live with repainting the exhaust, but using oil in a modern new bike would drive me nuts. I also would be very upset if my undropped bike looked like anything other than new (paint) after a couple of years let alone in the first summer.

Can you help give us the run down on how to talk a dealer down in their final price? I've always purchased used, so a list of the process from an expert would be quite helpful.

#3 ·
NO oil problem no exhaust problem about 3k miles.

I just typed a novel on how to buy a car then my **** crapped the bed before i finished and posted. so here goes again probably will make more sense the second time i write it. Actually i will post a new thread under fireblade called getting the right price on a new bike. check it out

#6 ·
It records anything that the keyboard or mouse does into a text file including which window you're clicking.

#9 · (Edited)
hello,
i am new to the forum, i was under the impression that the oil problem was down to a build fault in the factory, its to do with impropper fitting of a clip in the clutch assembly which leads to other problems causing excess oil consumption. this only affected a number of bikes, its only a batch, not the whole lot.
i have a 2008 blade with 3k miles on and i havent used a single drop of oil. paint finnish on my bike is fine, i guess the exhuast will fade a little, but that wouldnt suprise or bother me.

they could have used high quality stainless steel for the exhuast, but i guess that would just have put the final price up.

they use at least 10L of paint and laquer on my bmw, that adds at least 10kg of weight to the car, i tell myself they used minimal paint on the blade to keep the weight down too! helps me sleep at night lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.