Rearsets 929/954 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 11-28-2003, 5:37 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Rearsets 929/954

Im looking at getting some aftermarket rearsets for my 954, and there is a guy here in oz (Kelvin Franks) that custom makes awsome billet parts, he used to make triple clamps for nearly all the aussie works superbike teams a few years back, anyway he has a set of std rearsets for a 929 that he can work off to make a custom set for me and im just wondering if the 929 and 954 rearsets are interchangable as this guy is too far away for me to take my bike to him, this guy does really good work and the price he quoted me is cheaper than any other aftermarket rearset I have priced so if anyone can tell me weather they are interchangable or not that would be great, It doesnt matter if they are not the exact same distance up and back just want to know if the mounting holes are the same etc?

Thanks Jai

2004 1000RR Racebike

www.jungleboyracing.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-28-2003, 5:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 23

Re: Rearsets 929/954

As far as I know the left hand side is exactly the same, however the right side is slightly different.

The clevis for the master cylinder is different, different hole size, and is positioned slightly differently too. I think Honda moved it inside the footrest where on the 929 it's on the outside. (or somethiong like that - no flames please)

I moved my Harris rearsets from my 929 to my 954 and ahd to buy a new matrix plate and brake lever.

I'm told that if you are noy too fussy the 929 kit will fit but then the engineer in me tells me that you should do it right.

Last edited by Proto; 11-28-2003 at 2:05 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page