iPhone handlebar holder for Blade '08 (navigation) - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 01-31-2009, 4:46 AM Thread Starter
HK

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

iPhone handlebar holder for Blade '08 (navigation)

Hi All,

anyone had successes with installation of a holder for iPhone on the handlebar (need that for navigation purposes)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-31-2009, 3:41 PM

Reputation Power: 14

Re: iPhone handlebar holder for Blade '08 (navigation)

You can use this;

RAM CRADLE for the APPLE iPHONE 4gb, 8gb 16gb RAM-HOL-AP3 (SKU 3607)

With the RAM system;

RAM Motorcycle Mounts

I have an iPhone too, but it does not have SatNav on it. What SatNav are you using?

Hoody
post #3 of 11 Old 01-31-2009, 4:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoody View Post
You can use this;

With the RAM system;

RAM Motorcycle Mounts

I have an iPhone too, but it does not have SatNav on it. What SatNav are you using?

Hoody

Two small problems though.

1.Iphone ain't waterproof.
2.None of those mounts fit a Blade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 01-31-2009, 6:58 PM

Reputation Power: 59

Can you not use a water proof tank bag? Ok you may not be able to touch the screen, but you could place it under the clear plastic cover (map section)...

Its worth a thought and is also cheaper.

"Second is the first of the losers..."
post #5 of 11 Old 02-01-2009, 1:34 AM Thread Starter
HK

Quote:
You can use this;

With the RAM system;

RAM Motorcycle Mounts

Hoody

Thank you very much. The links are most usefull.

I'm just using the built in Maps App for navigation and hope the better navigation option will be released sooner or later.
post #6 of 11 Old 02-01-2009, 2:35 AM

Funny that, I am using the RAM system on my 08 Fireblade. I use the one in the hole, I had to shorten the rubber and use a metal nut instead of the provided plastic one, but it works!

I use my XDA Orbit with PDA Tom Tom, I have been all over Europe with it. I have to agree about the problem with rain, I broke a XDA that way but don't like ridding in the rain anyway.

Hoody
post #7 of 11 Old 02-01-2009, 2:41 AM

Forgot to say that I also have some other attachments from RAM that enable me to connect my video camera. Once you have a RAM ball on your bike you can attach loads of different things including a cup holder lol.

Hoody
post #8 of 11 Old 02-01-2009, 4:15 AM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to WyoJames Send a message via MSN to WyoJames

iPhone fit in a RAM waterbox?
post #9 of 11 Old 02-01-2009, 6:13 AM

Quote:
Funny that, I am using the RAM system on my 08 Fireblade. I use the one in the hole, I had to shorten the rubber and use a metal nut instead of the provided plastic one, but it works!

I use my XDA Orbit with PDA Tom Tom, I have been all over Europe with it. I have to agree about the problem with rain, I broke a XDA that way but don't like ridding in the rain anyway.

Hoody
Which hole ?

Do you mean you took the rubber out of the centre of the headstock ?

Ta

Got any pics ?
post #10 of 11 Old 02-01-2009, 7:16 PM

Hi, yes the hole in the head. There is a plastic press in cover, very careful not to damage the edge and you can pop it out. I used my finger nails, as my finger nails will grow back, the replacement plastic bung will cost money to replace

I don't have any pictures on my pc, and at the moment I do not have it installed as it is too cold to ride for me. I only use it for touring really, or camera use.

I will try to take some pictures tomorrow (uk), with the SatNav in place and the camera. There is a difference as to use the RAM system you need to have a ball installed, use different length RAM arms, different attachments for whatever you want it to hold. Sounds confusing, but it makes sense when you see it. It works very well, but the cost can add up.

I bought it to tour from North Wales to the south coast of Spain, where my dad lives. He is a biker too, he has a Yamaha R1 '07. The RAM was faultless, hold whatever you attach in a rock solid position that you do not have to correct or adjust unless you want to. If you want to all you have to do is, loosen the giant wing nut, move into position, tighten the wing nut. If you leave the wing nut at the right tension, you can move things without adjusting.

Hoody
post #11 of 11 Old 02-04-2009, 8:36 AM

Quote:
Hi, yes the hole in the head. There is a plastic press in cover, very careful not to damage the edge and you can pop it out. I used my finger nails, as my finger nails will grow back, the replacement plastic bung will cost money to replace

I don't have any pictures on my pc, and at the moment I do not have it installed as it is too cold to ride for me. I only use it for touring really, or camera use.

I will try to take some pictures tomorrow (uk), with the SatNav in place and the camera. There is a difference as to use the RAM system you need to have a ball installed, use different length RAM arms, different attachments for whatever you want it to hold. Sounds confusing, but it makes sense when you see it. It works very well, but the cost can add up.

I bought it to tour from North Wales to the south coast of Spain, where my dad lives. He is a biker too, he has a Yamaha R1 '07. The RAM was faultless, hold whatever you attach in a rock solid position that you do not have to correct or adjust unless you want to. If you want to all you have to do is, loosen the giant wing nut, move into position, tighten the wing nut. If you leave the wing nut at the right tension, you can move things without adjusting.

Hoody

Ta.

I know what you mean,as I've used RAM mounts and arms etc on other bikes for a number of years.

I've just got my Blade sorted.

I've started a new thread here

Last edited by Arsey; 02-04-2009 at 8:47 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page